Community discussions

MikroTik App

aibaggs
just joined
Topic Author

[HELP] Mikrotik Chateau 4G/5G - Trouble with plan's extra SIM cards not working

Thu Nov 24, 2022 3:08 pm

I'll start with saying I have no idea how to nagivate my way around Winbox and my only knowledge is surface level (changing bands, checking log, reboot/update etc)

Here's the issue I'm having.

I have a mobile data plan which has unlimited data and I bought with it extra SIM cards for the family.

SIM 1 = my own, the base sim for the plan

SIM 2 - wife's sim

SIM 3 - our daughter's sim

SIM 4 - was intended to be used inside the mikrotik chateau to give internet to our computers via ethernet/wifi

SIM 5 - extra unused sim

----

Only the "base" SIM (SIM 1) can make/receive calls, but all the SIM cards have access to the internet.

Here's where the problem starts.

All the sim cards connect to the internet and reach 4G+/5G speeds, but only through a mobile device.

My mikrotik chateau connects to the internet as intended, but only when SIM 1 is inside it. None of the other ones work.

By don't work I mean they do connect to the cell and show up as connected in the Cellular tab, leds light up, etc, but they don't give internet to ethernet, nor wifi.

They don't have a PIN, although I don't think that matters because SIM 1, which works fine, does have a PIN and has worked flawlessly for a year now.

I have reached out to the provider's support (Greece, COSMOTE) a few times and they aren't aware of a problem / have a solution. They insist it's the router (which imo is weird because SIM 1 works fine).

Is there some setting I'm overlooking? I really want to be able to use my phone number, since a lot of services send me OTP SMS for authentication (bank for example), plus to make the occasional call as needed. I have to jump through hoops anytime I need something done, like connect the PC through the phone's hotspot and take SIM 1 out of the mikrotik and put it in an older phone..

If anyone has any idea where to start with troubleshooting this, I'd be very grateful!

Stavrosss
just joined

Re: [HELP] Mikrotik Chateau 4G/5G - Trouble with plan's extra SIM cards not working

Sat Dec 24, 2022 10:11 pm

Hello and Xronia Polla!
i have the same issue here with Cosmote extra sim also.
Did you find any solutions yet?

Stavros

riofiume
just joined

Re: [HELP] Mikrotik Chateau 4G/5G - Trouble with plan's extra SIM cards not working

Mon Jan 16, 2023 12:50 am

Hi,
I have the same problem.
My personal SIM from the phone works fine but when I insert my new SIM that I bought only for mobile data it’s not working.
When I put the new SIM into my phone it’s working just fine.

Can you help us where to look for solution?

The new SIM is just LTE but I don’t think that should be a problem and in the connection status it shows RSSI and other stuff as a good and excellent connection

Thanks

Stavrosss
just joined

Mon Jan 16, 2023 3:00 pm

Hello,
i had the same issue and solved it with the following steps:
- use winbox
- from the left menu, select "interfaces"
- go to LTE tab
- go to LTE APNs tab
- double click the "default" from the new window that opens.
- DESELECT the "use network APN"
- click "apply"
- click OK

You should be ok.

dustious
just joined

Wed Nov 01, 2023 2:58 am

Stauros thank you so much! You saved me!