Community discussions

MikroTik App

AntennaGain
just joined
Topic Author

[cAP ac] Cannot set antenna gain below 6 with 6.48.6

Mon Nov 28, 2022 11:16 pm

Hello,

a few cAP ac (RBcAPGi-5acD2nD) are running here for years now, currently with latest V6 6.48.6 long term.

I know that recent RouterOS have changed the way (and possibilities), how the antenna gain setup is handled. However, I stumbled upon one thing, that is puzzling me:

I can the set the antenna gain to 6 within a terminal window ... and read back the set value:
/interface wireless set wlan1 antenna-gain=6
:put [/interface wireless get wlan1 value-name=antenna-gain ]
As I'm living in Germany, the country specific settings are accordingly: Frequency Mode is set to regulatory-domain and Country to germany.

This works for both interfaces wlan1 and wlan2 of the cAP ac, if - and this seems strange to me - the gain value is 6 and higher. I would have expected a limit down to 2, which is the rounded integer value close to the nominal gain of the hardware. I'm pretty sure, that previous versions allowed setting below 6 and down to 2.

The minimum gain of 6 seems to belong to the cAP XL ac ... but this is only wild guessing. Thus my question is: is the minimum antenna gain of 6 for the cAP ac intended or a bug?

Thank you for shedding some light on it!

Ciao
Sebastian