Community discussions

MikroTik App

rheo
just joined
Topic Author

android wifi ipv6 - disconnect reconnect

Sat Dec 07, 2019 6:28 am

I've had my Mikrotik Hap AC for a few years. Over that time I've had three Android phones. All three have experienced intermittent WiFi disconnection and re-connection every few minutes. I've narrowed it down to the following combination

1. Android phones (3 different phones). No issues with other devices on my network.
2. Mikrotik wifi
3. IPv6. I want to keep this switching it off is not an option.

I've tried with using a different router, mikrotik routerboard hex but I am using pfSense now.

The only remaining item is the Hap AC.

The log says

"disconnected, received deauth: sending station leaving (3)

Help me keep the Mikrotik! How do I fix this?

MikroUser

Re: android wifi ipv6 - disconnect reconnect

Wed Nov 30, 2022 1:03 am

This is very old topic, but il try to answer, maybe its will be useful for someone.
All android devices (starting from android 4 up to android 13) have this problem. And its very strange that google dont fix it yet. Maybe ipv6 isnt very popular yet

When android device receive first ipv6 address from mikrotik, or any other router - for first time - its keep conection, but when router send newly generated ipv6 address to device - android disconnects from wifi to clean old ipv6 address and apply new one. This is the reason of disconection android devices with ipv6 RA enabled.

Solution may be - increase the expiry time for Route Adversitment and add external ipv6 dns, some android devices disconnects when RA send local ipv6 dns address.

For that go to winbox > ipv6 >ND>Interfaces >open rule.
Change RA interval to 600-1200
RA Delay - 10
RA Perference - LOW
RA Lifetime - 7200
DNS Servers 2606:4700:4700::1111