Community discussions

MikroTik App

roe1974
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Mikrotik iOS App 1.2.11

Wed Nov 30, 2022 10:35 am

Since a while I get the request to set a password for the user every time I login on my router via the iOS app, although i enter with user+password. Is this a bug or can I disable it ?
br, Richard

pcunite
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Mikrotik iOS App 1.2.11

Fri Dec 02, 2022 4:50 pm

App seems abandoned. I removed it. ROS web interface is more than adequate.

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Tue Dec 06, 2022 8:53 am

App is not abandoned, the subj. version was released a few weeks ago.
Since a while I get the request to set a password for the user every time I login on my router via the iOS app, although i enter with user+password. Is this a bug or can I disable it ?
Maybe you have an "admin" user without a password too? Can you make sure that only this specific user is visible in the users menu?

Amm0
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Dec 06, 2022 7:07 pm

Maybe you have an "admin" user without a password too? Can you make sure that only this specific user is visible in the users menu?

I use for only LTE – quick and easy for that. But on this password topic, I want it to remember my last password too. Let Face ID it... Maybe people use Apple's "Secure Enclave" (e.g. hardware keychain on IOS) to store all their password (e.g. me). iOS could generate a complex password automatically and safely save it away, one less step for newbies to start secure (vs picking a password "you'd remember", but likely the one a user already uses everywhere). So not talking about "admin + no passed" here...

In fairness to MT...It does have a nicer version of QuickSet – in fact, it what I suggest a newbie uses to setup one up for more home-type use - that part in iOS is actually better than winbox/webfig (or at least consistent) . The "LTE" or "Wi-Fi" shown after login are also quite usable. But if you want to change a port's VLAN or create a LAN, boy, that's a lot of taps/clicks to up/down the menu tree. And I've noticed in the advanced menus, there are certainly bugs in some of the controls when edit – basically it can pretty easily save stale data since it's update is slow and/or some of the controls just don't populate right with the "drop-down" options. Anyway I wish it was more usable for more things. Right now it looking at an LTE signal, perhaps checking a settings – but I don't trust it to update anything.

roe1974
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Mon Dec 12, 2022 4:27 pm

I have only one user ... and it's not "admin" ... and it's a user with password ... 😉
br, Richard

jamsden

Mon Dec 12, 2022 11:22 pm

I have also one user, is not admin, but password settings pop up every time I open iOS app.

tangent
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Dec 13, 2022 3:31 am

There must be a conditional element to the symptom, then, because I also have a single "full" user that isn't named "admin", and I was able to use the iOS app to update three different routers to 7.7rc1 today, never once needing to give it my password again.

marisv
just joined

Tue Dec 13, 2022 6:45 am

Another question. Is there a way to use RoMON with that app?

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Tue Dec 13, 2022 8:03 am

You guys who have the popup opening, even if all your users have passwords, please email support@mikrotik.com with your RIF file, so we can see what triggers it.