Community discussions

MikroTik App

spencer
just joined
Topic Author

Mikrotik hEX beeps randomly

Fri Dec 02, 2022 12:46 pm

Hi, I've got RB750Gr3 for a year now, and lastly it started beeping (one beep) every several hours.
There is nothing in the logs. I updated RouterOS, upgraded firmware but still hear the beeping.

What can be the cause? I cannot find anything in the manual.
And of course the router is not restarting itself, it's just operating normally but beeps.

Buckeye
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Re: Mikrotik hEX beeps randomly

Fri Dec 02, 2022 1:33 pm

If may be the hEX, but see this thread beeps every 30 seconds.

You may want to place a microphone close to it and record it with something like audacity so you can verify that it is truely the hex, and not something else. And you could then look for the duration between the beeps too.

Hopefully you aren't being pranked by something like this Sneaky Beeper

But I'm sure @rextended could code up a script for the hex.

sindy
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Dec 02, 2022 1:36 pm

A sticker applied over the hole in the beeper should change the intensity of the sound (ideally, use the foamy double-sided sticking tape), so if it remains the same, look for something else. Unsoldering the beeper from the board is a bullet-proof proof of the hEX being the culprit, but it would void warranty.

spencer
just joined
Topic Author

Fri Dec 02, 2022 7:28 pm

Sad things that beeps are not logged.
I was pretty sure that it's Mikrotik because one time it beeped exactly when I turned on my computer (and it wasn't my computer - I removed its beeper).

But now it looks like my weather station is connected to my neighbour's sensor and because the sensor is low on battery my weather station beeps. But that's also an undocumented feature.
I'm not sure, I'll go crazy. :lol: