Community discussions

MikroTik App

netmasterpro
just joined
Topic Author

DHCP dont have ping!

Tue Nov 15, 2022 2:46 pm

Hello dears

I setup a DHCP server in my RB2011, all the clients get the ip form DHCP server but i cant ping clients from Mikrotik ping tools.
Anyone one to help?

erlinden
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: DHCP dont have ping!

Tue Nov 15, 2022 2:55 pm

Do the clients respond to ping? Could be a firewall in between (for instance). Can clients ping one another?

sindy
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Nov 15, 2022 2:57 pm

Not enough information. A quick guess is that you have misconfigured /ip dhcp server network so the clients get /32 addresses and thus they cannot route (as the gateway is not inside the same subnet like their own address), but it may be something else as well.

See my automatic signature below on how to export your configuration (from a command line window) to post it for a review.

Znevna
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Nov 15, 2022 3:08 pm

You know it's bad when a "net master pro" lands a problem like this. :lol:

netmasterpro
just joined
Topic Author

Wed Nov 16, 2022 7:42 am

I'm always feels funny when I see your replies! :D

DHCP server is configured as 192.168.160.0/24. Clients ping each others. I assigned the address 192.168.160.1/24 to the VLAN in IP/Address List.

sindy
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Nov 16, 2022 10:44 am

What happens if you run /ping 192.168.160.x arp-ping=yes interface=vlanY? But as already said, show the export - without that it's just wild guessing.

netmasterpro
just joined
Topic Author

Wed Nov 16, 2022 1:11 pm

Tnx Sindy I run the command you mentioned, however I still have error; Ping failed.

Command:
/ping 192.168.160.182 arp-ping=yes interface=vClient

Output:
0 ... ping failed
1 ... ping failed
2 ... ping failed
3 ... ping failed

rextended
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Nov 16, 2022 1:35 pm

Stop write novels and put the export.
And about on the title: "DHCP dont have ping!" can a "master professional of the network" write it so seriously???

Check what address you set on the DHCP server interface: Did you forget the /24 at the end???

netmasterpro
just joined
Topic Author

Wed Nov 16, 2022 1:46 pm

To rextended, please extend your polite.
And yes I put the /24 at the end of it.
I also configure route mark for 192.168.160.0/24 as mangle.

Sob
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Nov 16, 2022 2:39 pm

"Car doesn't run! I got a car, made sure that everything is ok, fuel, battery, engine works, but I can't make it go anywhere. And since you're asking, yes, I'm pushing the right pedals, but it still doesn't move. I also bricked garage door."

It's not perfect analogy, but the tiny detail at the end, something tells me that it might be the problem you're looking for. So focus on that. Or alternatively, when you're ready to share what exactly you have in your config, someone else might help you. :)

rextended
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Nov 16, 2022 2:47 pm

To rextended, please extend your polite.
Sorry, my nic is not "forumpolitepro"

Regardless of useless frills,
given that you have the greatest rudeness by writing inappropriate titles for the topics,
you get into trouble other forum users who are looking for solutions to their problems,
you are still omitting the export of your configuration.
If you don't need help, why do you ask?

k6ccc
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Nov 16, 2022 10:14 pm

Please post your config so we're not guessing. To export and paste your configuration (and I'm assuming you are using WebFig or Winbox), open a terminal window, and type (without the quotes) "/export hide-sensitive file=any-filename-you-wish". Then open the files section and right click on the filename you created and select download in order to download the file to your computer. It will be a text file with whatever name you saved to with an extension of .rsc. Suggest you then open the .rsc file in your favorite text editor and redact any sensitive information. Then in your message here, click the code display icon in the toolbar above the text entry (the code display icon is the 7th one from the left and looks like a square with a blob in the middle). Then paste the text from the file in between the two code words in brackets.

Sob
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Nov 17, 2022 4:16 am

I don't mind guessing. Based on the last comment about routing mark, there's probably something like:
/ip firewall mangle
add chain=prerouting src-address=192.168.160.0/24 action=mark-routing new-routing-mark=xxx
where xxx is routing table that contains only single default route and nothing else, so it's hitting 1) described here: viewtopic.php?p=956630#p956630

Problem is, without that comment, there's nothing to work it. People need to understand that providing enough info is important.

netmasterpro
just joined
Topic Author

Tue Dec 06, 2022 1:42 pm

OK I'm so sorry, I apologize for all the irrelevant words I said...
*** I am unable to export all configuration here because of security restrictions. ***

Here is a brief description about my device and its configuration:
Device: RB2011UiAS-2HnD - OS Version: 7.5
I have two WAN links. First is a MPLS and second is Internet.
I configured a DHCP and 5 VLANs on this interface, my switch is Cisco 2960 and it works very well.
VLAN vClient is set to 192.168.160.1/24. Also this range is marked in Mangle.
DHCP and Pool is working well and all clients receive IP from pool.
I also have some other VLANs, vCAM is used for NVR and must only send through MPLS link.
VLAN vNET is in another DHCP and Pool and its works very well and used for Internet-only devices.

My first issue is when I go to Tools\Ping and try to ping one of clients (For example: 192.168.160.125), the result is "timedout".
Second, I need to connect a POS device in my network (This device need to connect to Internet) and also see one of my client's IP.
I mean POS device with IP 172.26.160.5 need to be reachable to and from IP 192.168.160.125.

I truly appreciate for your support.

rextended
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Dec 06, 2022 2:06 pm

(It's nice to see the guessing game start again,
now I take the popcorn and watch the episode,
who knows how long it will take before someone asks again about export.)

erlinden
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Dec 06, 2022 2:10 pm

In case you missed:
Don't write novels, post /export hide-sensitive file=x. Use find&replace in your favourite text editor to systematically replace all occurrences of each public IP address potentially identifying you by a distinctive pattern such as my.public.ip.1.
You're very welcome, @rextended

rextended
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Dec 06, 2022 2:17 pm

@erlinden, you win :lol: you are the first of new episode :P

afuchs
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Tue Dec 06, 2022 2:58 pm

Hello netmasterpro,

if you use
/export hide-sensitive file=x
you get a file, that can be open in any text editor, so you can post only a part of it or use placeholder.
At least the configuration part of the DHCP server shouldn't be a problem to post.
There a a couple of things that can cause such problems, e.g.:
  • The device firewall (e.g.in Windows PCs you can allow the ping for no one, all in the domain, all in public, ...=
  • error in the DHCP-Server configuration (routing)
  • error with VLANs ( for example, tagged/untagged problems or false pvid)
  • error with firewall, sending and reserving a ping allowed.
  • a bunch of other things, that can go wrong in the firewall,
    e.g. if you used connection and routing marks, you can route the echo replay somewhere else (has happened)
So can you please export your configuration, edit it and cut sensitive parts out, if you need to and post this.
If this is not an option there are contractors out there, who would sign a non-disclosure contract.