Community discussions

MikroTik App

Tomek85
just joined
Topic Author

Bridge not created after upgrade

Wed Dec 07, 2022 11:24 am

Hello,

I got job to upgrade around ~500 Mikrotik devices and I started using The Dude. Everything would be alright but I upgraded like 100 devices, they were with really old firmware, 6.40.9 where it's still ether2-master and all other ports are slave. I faced a problem, like more than half devices after upgrade either didn't have bridge port created or bridge port is created but exter2-master is not added to bridge. I upgraded to latest stable 6.49.7 version. Then I tried to upgrade like 50 devices to 6.41 version when bridge were automatically created. Same problem, either bridge is not created or ether2-master is not added to it. Please can anyone suggest how to solve it? Because I still have many devices to upgrade and I don't want to check them manually one by one.

Tomek85
just joined
Topic Author

Re: Bridge not created after upgrade

Thu Dec 15, 2022 1:18 pm

No answer???

rextended
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Bridge not created after upgrade

Thu Dec 15, 2022 1:27 pm

No answer???
And what do you want to answer to someone who, instead of keeping the machines updated, waits more than 4 years,
and instead of doing them a little at a time with adequate timely tests, does them all together without even going through intermediate versions?

However it goes, they must all be fixed by hand, if the 6.41+ do not understand how to convert the config from ether-master to bridge.

if the devices (CPE?) are all the same,
publish (except the serial number) how they are configured before and how they should be after, in the ones you fix by hand:

on one 6.40.x or lower
/interface ethernet export compact file=etherbefore
/interface bridge export compact file=bridgebefore

on one 6.48.6 or upper
/interface ethernet export compact file=etherafter
/interface bridge export compact file=bridgeafter