Community discussions

MikroTik App

joshhboss
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Bridge VLAN SSID Unifi

Sun Dec 18, 2022 8:34 pm

So I am moving away from the Ubiquiti Edge Routers since they havent release a new version or firmware in 17 years, lol jk. And I have been playing with the HEX routers and just ordered an rb5009 to handle my events that I mainly use the edge routers for. But just doing something as simple as connecting an ap and getting the vlans to work on the SSIDs it has been a challenge and I have scrapped and started over like 20 times to get the process down but something weird happens. I create the vlan. address it, assign it to the bridge, create a dhcp for the vlan, create the vlan again in the bridge.. tag the bridge and the port where I have the ap connected and for like 20 minutes of just trying to log on, it fails on getting an address and then after a while it always works.. I dont understand how it doesn't work for so long and then it works again. I will post my config to see if anyone could point out something that I am missing. Thank you!!
/interface bridge
add admin-mac=B8:69:F4:B0:51:BB auto-mac=no comment=defconf name=bridge vlan-filtering=yes
/interface ethernet
set [ find default-name=ether5 ] poe-out=forced-on
/interface vlan
add interface=bridge name=VLan85 vlan-id=85
/interface list
add comment=defconf name=WAN
add comment=defconf name=LAN
/interface lte apn
set [ find default=yes ] ip-type=ipv4 use-network-apn=no
/interface wireless security-profiles
set [ find default=yes ] supplicant-identity=MikroTik
/ip pool
add name=dhcp ranges=192.168.88.10-192.168.88.254
add name=dhcp_pool1 ranges=192.168.66.10-192.168.66.250
add name=dhcp_pool2 ranges=192.168.23.10-192.168.23.200
add name=dhcp_pool3 ranges=192.168.188.50-192.168.188.254
add name=dhcp_pool4 ranges=192.168.150.50-192.168.150.250
add name=dhcp_pool5 ranges=192.168.130.2-192.168.130.254
add name=dhcp_pool6 ranges=192.168.85.2-192.168.85.250
/ip dhcp-server
add address-pool=dhcp interface=bridge name=defconf
add address-pool=dhcp_pool6 interface=VLan85 name=Vlan85
/port
set 0 name=serial0
/queue simple
add max-limit=50M/50M name=queue queue=pcq-upload-default/pcq-download-default target=192.168.66.0/24
/routing bgp template
set default disabled=no output.network=bgp-networks
/routing ospf instance
add disabled=no name=default-v2
/routing ospf area
add disabled=yes instance=default-v2 name=backbone-v2
/interface bridge port
add bridge=bridge comment=defconf ingress-filtering=no interface=ether2
add bridge=bridge comment=defconf frame-types=admit-only-untagged-and-priority-tagged interface=ether3 pvid=66
add bridge=bridge comment=defconf ingress-filtering=no interface=ether4
add bridge=bridge comment=defconf interface=ether5 trusted=yes
add bridge=bridge comment=defconf ingress-filtering=no interface=sfp1
/ip neighbor discovery-settings
set discover-interface-list=all
/ipv6 settings
set disable-ipv6=yes max-neighbor-entries=8192
/interface bridge vlan
add bridge=bridge tagged=bridge,ether5 vlan-ids=130
add bridge=bridge tagged=bridge,ether5 vlan-ids=85
/interface detect-internet
set wan-interface-list=WAN
/interface list member
add comment=defconf interface=bridge list=LAN
add comment=defconf interface=ether1 list=WAN
/interface ovpn-server server
set auth=sha1,md5
/ip address
add address=192.168.88.1/24 comment=defconf interface=bridge network=192.168.88.0
add address=192.168.85.1/24 interface=VLan85 network=192.168.85.0
/ip dhcp-client
add interface=ether1
/ip dhcp-server network
add address=192.168.85.0/24 gateway=192.168.85.1
add address=192.168.88.0/24 comment=defconf gateway=192.168.88.1
/ip dns
set allow-remote-requests=yes
/ip dns static
add address=12.1.35.167 comment=defconf name=router.lan
/ip firewall filter
add action=accept chain=input dst-port=8291 protocol=tcp
add action=accept chain=input comment="defconf: accept established,related,untracked" connection-state=established,related,untracked
add action=drop chain=input comment="defconf: drop invalid" connection-state=invalid
add action=accept chain=input comment="defconf: accept ICMP" protocol=icmp
add action=accept chain=input comment="defconf: accept to local loopback (for CAPsMAN)" dst-address=127.0.0.1
add action=accept chain=forward connection-state=established,related dst-address=192.168.60.0/24 protocol=icmp src-address=192.168.23.0/24
add action=drop chain=forward dst-address=192.168.23.0/24 src-address=192.168.66.0/24
add action=drop chain=input comment="defconf: drop all not coming from LAN" in-interface-list=!LAN
add action=accept chain=forward comment="defconf: accept in ipsec policy" ipsec-policy=in,ipsec
add action=accept chain=forward comment="defconf: accept out ipsec policy" ipsec-policy=out,ipsec
add action=fasttrack-connection chain=forward comment="defconf: fasttrack" connection-state=established,related hw-offload=yes
add action=accept chain=forward comment="defconf: accept established,related, untracked" connection-state=established,related,untracked
add action=drop chain=forward comment="defconf: drop invalid" connection-state=invalid
add action=drop chain=forward comment="defconf: drop all from WAN not DSTNATed" connection-nat-state=!dstnat connection-state=new in-interface-list=WAN
/ip firewall nat
add action=masquerade chain=srcnat out-interface-list=WAN
/system clock
set time-zone-name=America/New_York
/system package update
set channel=testing
/tool mac-server
set allowed-interface-list=LAN
/tool mac-server mac-winbox
set allowed-interface-list=LAN
Last edited by joshhboss on Mon Dec 19, 2022 3:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.

joshhboss
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Re: Bridge VLAN SSID Unifi

Sun Dec 18, 2022 8:46 pm

And the vlan settings in Unifi are correct. Just wanted to add that.

joshhboss
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Sun Dec 18, 2022 9:14 pm

WAIT>. I think it was a poe issue from the Mikrotik to the AP.. After adding a POE injector is actually seems to work fine..

Buckeye
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Mon Dec 19, 2022 1:16 am

So I am moving away from the Ubiquiti Edge Routers since they havent release a new version or firmware in 17 years.
How is anyone supposed to take anything you say seriously when you make statements like that, that are easily factually refuted?
Ubiquiti released the first EdgeRouter in Sept 2012. reference: http://otp.investis.com/clients/us/ubiq ... wsid=47719

anav
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Dec 19, 2022 4:43 am

Why would someone wait 17 years, wait, is your name Rip Van Joshhboss ???

joshhboss
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Mon Dec 19, 2022 2:59 pm

So I am moving away from the Ubiquiti Edge Routers since they havent release a new version or firmware in 17 years.
How is anyone supposed to take anything you say seriously when you make statements like that, that are easily factually refuted?
Ubiquiti released the first EdgeRouter in Sept 2012. reference: http://otp.investis.com/clients/us/ubiq ... wsid=47719
Hey there man if you cant understand that I was trying to be playful.. Like I havent seen thousands of post on the ubiquiti forums about the lack of development on the edge line.? Maybe you are taking it to seriously.. it was an exaggeration to make a point!... Where is the Edge Router with 2.5 gig ports, or 10 gig ports, outside of the infinity..? When did the infinity come out..? When did it get revamped after it was released.? How has the firmware been getting upgraded or given new features? how many hot fixes are we going to have ? You going to point out the UISP routers that are nothing like the Edge Routers.

What conversation are you trying to have? Cause I was having a problem with the Mikrotik and a UNIFI ap.. ? I came here because there is a MASSIVE learning curve to Mikrotik.. There are so many quirks that you either learn in a lab or through guidance on the forums .. what is that battle ? Either you get bashed because you dont enter enough detail? or your post get completely avoided because they have to much information to Dig through... Its a process that if you get lucky and find some people that want to HELP and maybe take you a long, or with YouTube, reddit. etc.

After the years it took me to get to a comfort zone with edge routers, it feels like they are moving away, ive joined YouTube lives and added paid comments to people working at HostiFi, received comments on how the edge routers were fading out,, and just watching the activity on the forums when people actually speak about this actual situation! SOOOOOO forgive me if I throw a playful comment with out making it obvious that im playing around, now when entering another BRAND with NOOOO Support and appears to be the process ALLLL over again of hit or miss forum posts.

joshhboss
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Mon Dec 19, 2022 3:01 pm

Why would someone wait 17 years, wait, is your name Rip Van Joshhboss ???
I was joking,, just trying to learn... sorry I didnt make that clear.. jeez...
thanks

joshhboss
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Mon Dec 19, 2022 3:06 pm

Add the jk lol.. incase anyone didnt get it...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

anav
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Dec 19, 2022 4:13 pm

THe only quirky thing is ubiquti that wants the managment vlan to reach the AP UNTAGGED............ Thats bizarro.
MT is logical. Otherwise this person with zero IT knowledge would have been long gone.........
Humour is good, but since we deal in facts its sometimes hard to separate the two, point taken.
Welcome to the forums, but ensure you shave after 17 years of sleeping..............

Buckeye
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Tue Dec 20, 2022 2:51 am

THe only quirky thing is ubiquti that wants the managment vlan to reach the AP UNTAGGED............ Thats bizarro.
That's true for adoption, and it is the default. But since UniFi controller 5.8.23 (released June 25, 2018), you have been able to set it to a tagged management vlan. But the initial release didn't support all access points correctly. And UniFi keeps changing the UI to make where this is configured move around as well. FWIW, I use untagged access ports for the management on the connections to the APs, it just makes things easier, in my opinion. But you can do this.

joshhboss
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Tue Dec 20, 2022 3:17 am

That's true for adoption, and it is the default. But since UniFi controller 5.8.23 (released June 25, 2018), you have been able to set it to a tagged management vlan. But the initial release didn't support all access points correctly. And UniFi keeps changing the UI to make where this is configured move around as well. FWIW, I use untagged access ports for the management on the connections to the APs, it just makes things easier, in my opinion. But you can do this.
Agreed.. always native vlan the ports that I’m going to use for management on the switch for the apps..