Community discussions

MikroTik App

Navegador
Topic Author

How to disassemble (crack open) hAP ac3 (LTE kit or regular, I assume it's the same shell?)

Sat Apr 09, 2022 12:48 am

Can anyone point me to a video or pictures or instructions on how to crack open the hAP ac3? (hopefully without mangling it)

My google-fu is failing me. :-(

Thanks in advance.

kraal
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: How to disassemble (crack open) hAP ac3 (LTE kit or regular, I assume it's the same shell?)

Tue Apr 12, 2022 11:24 am

Hi,

I don't have an AC3 guess that it is similar to an hAP AC2. You can use any flat metallic part such as a nail file (included in nails cutters) to do it. (don't use a screwdriver as it is probably not flat enough)

Insert the file in the rear of the device (where you have ethernet ports) in the space between the part which holds the ports/antennas and the short edge (not the long one). Then, while pressing the ports into the shell, gently use the file as a lever. You should feel that a plastic "snap-in" part is released. Then do the same on the opposite side. The cover should be easily removed then.

No need to use strength. Just imagine that you must just press this type of "hook" to release the cover (sorry I'm not in front of my AC2 so I just found a random picture that illustrates the kind of part to be pressed.

Hope it helps.

kraal
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: How to disassemble (crack open) hAP ac3 (LTE kit or regular, I assume it's the same shell?)

Tue Apr 12, 2022 11:28 am

Well... found a video for the AC2 (but in my experience with a file and if you insert it deep enough it was easier than in this video): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vu2AOydsls

Hiji5656
just joined

Sat Dec 24, 2022 2:45 pm

I little late but hope someone will find this helpfull.
As mentioned above disassemble process are simular to HAP AC2.

At fig. 1 you may see marks to 6 plastic lock with hold enclosure. I highly recommend to use soft tip head (maybe rubber?) to avoid scratch. As you may see I did some at top locks.
Mikrotik hap ac3 fig. 1.jpg
I satrted from one side, release 4-5 locks and gently pull mainboard out for 5-10 mm. At this step you can only damage plastic enclosure (with flexible), not router tummy.
Mikrotik hap ac3 fig. 2.jpg
Release others locks and pull board out.
GL
Mikrotik hap ac3 fig. last.jpg
Lock
Mikrotik hap ac3 fig. 3.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.