Community discussions

MikroTik App

Westfy
just joined
Topic Author

RB2011UiAs with RB951Ui-2nD

Fri Dec 30, 2022 6:16 pm

Hello newbie here, I've purchased RB2011UiAs and I have been using it as my default router with another generic router as a AP for wireless connections, because this one does not support wireless, or I haven't been able to understand how, if it does. I wanted to get a Mikrotik wireless AP and I got the RB951Ui-2nD, however I am unable to configure these two to work together... Any ides or tutorials out there that I might have missed on how to configure them, or is it possible at least? I know those are stupid questions, but I really can't seem to understand how to configure them to work together... As of now I have connected them together, but I can't access the AP as it is said in the Manual for some reason, and I am stuck like that.

First steps:

Make sure your Internet service provider is allowing hardware change and will issue an automatic IP address;
Connect your ISP cable to the first Ethernet port;
Connect the device to the included power adapter;
Connect your computer to the wireless network;
Open https://192.168.88.1 in your web browser to start the configuration;

those are the steps I am trying to follow to access the AP and see if I can configure something from there, but I cannot perform the last step as when I connect to the wireless network and type the address, it say it cannot be reached. Should I connect the AP to the ISP's modem and from there configure it? And if yes, what should I do then, how can I connect it to the router?

Sorry for the long post and the stupid questions

satman1w
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: RB2011UiAs with RB951Ui-2nD

Wed Jan 04, 2023 9:11 am

I don't want to be rude but imagine this is a forum for heart surgeons where people are discussing the challenges facing cardiothoracic surgeons...(it is not, but just imagine...) and you ask which hand to hold the scalpel!
There's nothing wrong with the fact that you don't know it, but you can't expect someone to dedicate the rest of their life to teaching you how to configure a home network.
Mikrotik has excellent help pages and a huge community everywhere including youtube...
I recommend that you read a little first and take the basic steps, and only then ask questions...

greeting

Westfy
just joined
Topic Author

Re: RB2011UiAs with RB951Ui-2nD

Fri Jan 06, 2023 5:24 pm

I will... thank you