Community discussions

MikroTik App

ferrets
just joined
Topic Author

weird interface that can not be deleted after upgrade to ros7

Tue Jan 10, 2023 12:44 pm

I've tried upgrade to ros chr to v7.6 directly from v6.48.6[long-term] for testing, but found some weird interfaces that cannot be deleted. The type of these interfaces are "interface", and after some serious thinking, I do remember that these interfaces were created when I was using a x86 version, and these interfaces were actully the virtual interfaces used by kvm.

Holy moly, these interfaces were hidden in system for so many years? Can it be deleted? Or I'll need a fresh install.......

holvoetn
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: weird interface that can not be deleted after upgrade to ros7  [SOLVED]

Tue Jan 10, 2023 2:30 pm

The change from ROS6 to ROS7 also involves an (underlying) change in the configuration structures.
So it is possible some left-overs from ROS6 suddenly re-appear in ROS7 settings.
I already saw it happening with some advanced routing stuff which did nothing in ROS6 but in ROS7 all of a sudden it 'came alive' :lol: (from what I could see in the log files).
Also had one occurrence where wireguard suddenly stopped working, only after applying netinstall and re-importing verbatim config, everything worked normal again.

My point: at some moment when moving from ROS6 to ROS7, it is advisable to start CLEAN with netinstall and no config (not sure though how that will work on chr ...).
Then import your config again via terminal, piece by piece and be vigilant for some errors which may occur (mostly due to wrong sequence).

See this post viewtopic.php?t=182373
G for export
H for netinstall.