MikroTik App

balthazar88
just joined
Topic Author

Can't Add vcpu

Thu Jan 12, 2023 3:58 am

hi every one,

need help.

I have mikrotik with architecture x86 version 6.49.7 running vm with Hyper-V. I have problems with cpu load always 100% if traffic over than 20Mbps.
I try to add vcpu in the hyper-v manager. ROS can running but network can’t. mikrotik can’t access from network after I add vcpu. when i'm using only 1 cpu mikrotik is running well. buat cpu high.

please advice

thank you..

tomislav91

Re: Can't Add vcpu

Thu Jan 12, 2023 10:52 pm

It sounds like you are experiencing a bottleneck with your current setup. Adding more virtual CPUs (vCPUs) to your Mikrotik VM may not be the solution, as it appears to be causing network issues.

One possible solution to reduce CPU load is to increase the amount of RAM allocated to the VM. This will allow the Mikrotik to cache more data, reducing the workload on the CPU.

Another solution is to optimize your network settings and configurations on your Mikrotik. It is possible that the Mikrotik is not configured properly to handle high traffic loads, and adjusting settings such as packet size, queueing, and other performance related settings may help alleviate the CPU load.

Additionally, it may be helpful to monitor the specific processes and services running on the Mikrotik to determine which are causing high CPU usage.

You can also try to check the compatibility of your Mikrotik version with Hyper-V and also check if any other process on the Hyper-V host is causing high CPU usage. It is also recommended to keep your Mikrotik up-to-date with the latest version to ensure optimal performance.