Community discussions

MikroTik App

mafiosa
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

BGP resend bug

Fri Dec 16, 2022 10:29 am

When using resend option in BGP it stops the session. When will bugtik ream fix this? 1 year since v7 stable was released they still don't have a fully functioning BGP. Prefix count still doesn't work.

pe1chl
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: BGP resend bug

Fri Dec 16, 2022 2:55 pm

These problems are known. Even problems that are a lot more trivial, like formatting of error messages, are not being fixed.
It is my guess that the responsible programmer for the v7 BGP monstrosity has left the building...

BartoszP
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Jan 12, 2023 10:38 pm

@pe1chl

Please do stop making such unpleasant comments on Tik's programmers, their attitude to work etc. We are aware of your point of view and you do not help.

Next time you'll treat yourself to a short "detox".

pe1chl
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Jan 13, 2023 12:05 am

Well it seems to help at least a little, you must be happy to hear me say that the "BGP resend bug" mentioned above appears to be fixed.
(there are still many bugs and features in BGP that I am waiting for over a year to be fixed, so I hope this is a positive trend)

BartoszP
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Jan 13, 2023 9:14 am

You could be proud. Even the smallest brick makes the wall ... upsss... firewall :)

P.S.
Do not paint that wall with ugly sentences as thay could stay forever uncleaned :) :)

pe1chl
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Jan 13, 2023 10:42 am

I have reported many bugs to MikroTik, and in the past week two of them have been fixed (one in 7.7, one will be in 7.8 ) after lengthy interchanges.
But these were not in the routing. With routing bugs or missing critical features, there is just dead silence. For about 1.5 years already. At some point, patience ends.
That is why I come to the above conclusion, which probably is not far off the mark. It is a shame, it really should be different for a routing company.
Of course I understand they probably do not do it on purpose, but I see very little in the way of corrective action.