Community discussions

MikroTik App

mha7
just joined
Topic Author

Problem with editing file in container store

Mon Sep 26, 2022 10:35 am

Hello
I have a problem with editing file in container store. When I want to run this docker image atilch/stunnel everything is ok when I use envs to pass the variables. But when I edit the configuration file in the container store and upload it via ftp and run the ducker image, I get this error:

[.] Reading configuration from file /etc/stunnel/stunnel.conf
[!] Cannot open configuration file

And when I was trying to change the file permission via ftp I got this error:

Status: Setting permissions of '/2e5f5919-a898-450e-b680-7a14040f8f80/etc/stunnel/stunnel.conf' to '777'
Command: SITE CHMOD 777 stunnel.conf
Response: 500 'SITE': command not understood

Please help me.

Znevna
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Problem with editing file in container store  [SOLVED]

Mon Sep 26, 2022 11:07 am

Proper way would be to setup a mount with dst=/etc/stunnel and edit stunnel.conf from inside the mount, not inside the container.

harvey
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: Problem with editing file in container store

Sun Jan 15, 2023 1:27 pm

I’m seeing the same issue. Creating any folders, uploading pre edited files etc via sftp causes the same issue. Whilst getting a console to the container works, depending on the container it’s self, you may need to install text editors inside it which defeats the point of a container.

This is not the way it’s done in traditional docker and in some cases could cause a problem if a container expects a file to be present before it starts.

It would be great if this could be fixed. Currently it feels very fragile and accidentally modifying a file outside of the container could break things.