Community discussions

MikroTik App

zach1008
just joined
Topic Author

Teams calls audio/video drops out sporadically

Sun Jan 15, 2023 11:23 pm

I am working on migrating from an Untangle box to a RB3011 Ui-AS-RM running version 7.4.1 however, every time I am using Microsoft Teams it hiccups. By hiccup I mean it will go silent from the other person(s) on the call audio and video, or I will kind of freeze for a second or two. This happens many times during a call of 15 minutes or more. I have rebooted the MikroTik, rebooted the Laptop in use. On the laptop, there is an always on VPN (Pulse Secure) as well as Z-Scaler which is directing all M365 traffic direct to Microsoft rather than through the VPN. If I have the laptop on the untangle network, it never has an issue. When plugged into the MikroTik it has issues with audio/video sporadically. I have both the RB3011 and the Untangle box connected directly to the fiber internet service.
with each having public IP addresses, so there isn't double NAT or anything like that. Both devices have public DHCP addresses on them connected directly to the internet.

Any help is appreciated as I really would like to migrate to the MT.

roc-noc.com
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Re: Teams calls audio/video drops out sporadically

Mon Jan 16, 2023 1:02 am

Upgrade to ROS 7.7 stable and see if the issue goes away. ROS version 7 was a major change and just released recently. Bug fixes are happening at a rapid pace.

anav
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Jan 16, 2023 1:37 am

I use an MT router and have no issues with teams zoom etc............ after your upgrade if still having issues. post your config

/export file=anynameyouwish ( minus router serial # and any public WANIP information )

zach1008
just joined
Topic Author

Mon Jan 16, 2023 3:11 am

I have been running version 7.6 but am upgrading to 7.7 right now. I will have to wait to test until Tuesday when work starts back up.

Also, read that it is a possible fix to adjust the UDP session timeout. I had adjusted to 00:00:20 and it is still happening. Is it worth increasing again? Also the UDP Stream timeout is 00:02:00. Any adjustment needed there? I have loose tracking checked as well. Just wanting to put things out there. If needed I can put sections of config as needed.