Community discussions

MikroTik App

antiqued4
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Help with MPLS on VLAN and Redundancy

Tue Jan 17, 2023 8:16 pm

Hello everyone, my doubt is about MPLS. I have a 100% mikrotik network, from the Main router his BGP goes out to a switchCRS, all connections are made through VLAN, well in this case, from that CRS switch goes out to 3 other switchCRS and from them goes to other mikrotik routers where my clients are . My doubt is the following, do I have to add the vlan interface in the correct MPLS? not the physical ones, in the case of routers, in the switches I add the management vlan, correct? OR do I have to add the bridge where the physical ports and vlan settings are? They are all CRS317

Well, following the image above, the numbers and colors are an example of the vlan ID, where they leave the bgp and go to the Switch as a management vlan and go to the CRR as Point to Point, everything is closed via OSPF. My biggest problem is that line dotted in red where it is a transport by another operator to be a backup, but when the Loop is active, RSTP does not work because the packets are dropped when passing on the other network, so the idea would be to see if with MPLS resolves, and the doubt of how to proceed appeared.