Community discussions

MikroTik App

AlterEgeaux
just joined
Topic Author

Help needed CRS 328 - Trunking

Tue Jan 17, 2023 6:07 pm

Hey smart people,

I'll preface this by saying I'm a newbie on this front and any help is greatly appreciated, I'll try to provide as much detail as possible

So we just got a CRS 328-4c-20s-4s switch for a client and the plan is to use this as a switch to facilitate traffic to other branches in the network, every other switch that will be connecting to this are Cisco 2960's. All runs, 8 of them, are coming back to our Mikrotik are thru trunk ports carrying 3 VLans (1405,1406,1411).

Now I did some digging on SWOS prior to getting the switch and followed the steps to set-up a port as a trunk port, I was able to connect to the Cisco Switches via an access port from that Cisco switch but when I connect to a trunk port on the cisco switch I can't ping out to any device on the network. After talking with a friend whose more versed in Cisco he advised that my trunk ports must not have been configured correctly.

After multiple failed attempts I tried taking it over to RouterOS and following steps to create a trunk (bridge) port on the switch, I followed video's and forum posts to a T just substituting VLan and IP info. I'm at a lost here guys I would prefer to get this configured correctly on SWos but if its not doable obviously I'll do whatever I can get to get this operational.

Again thank you in advance for any help that you can provide.

AlterEgeaux
just joined
Topic Author

Re: Help needed CRS 328 - Trunking

Tue Jan 17, 2023 6:30 pm

Meant to add there is no router in this network it is a closed LAN with all IP's being statically assigned.

darthgizm0
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Wed Jan 18, 2023 8:32 am

Would you mind sharing the config for the trunk port on the Cisco switch and screenshots of your VLAN and VLANs tabs in SwOS?

k6ccc
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Jan 18, 2023 7:57 pm

Let's see if these help a bit. This is my Family room switch. Port 1 is a trunk to another switch in the data cabinet where the router and some other stuff is. On the VLAN page, the VLAN 971 is totally bogus since there is nothing but tagged traffic on the trunk. You can see on the VLANs page that almost every VLAN is available on the trunk. This is a bit out of date, but should give you some ideas.