Community discussions

MikroTik App

maurosmartins
just joined
Topic Author

MikroTik hAP lite TC Wireless client

Sat Jan 21, 2023 8:05 pm

Dear all,

I've bought a small MikroTik hAP lite TC with the idea of connecting it through wireless (as a client) to my existent home router, afterwards I could use its ethernet ports to connect some measuring equipment I have on the bench. Everything should be on the same network and if possible the home router should supply all IPs.

Using the quick config I've tried configuring the unit to CPE nonetheless it wasn't working as I expected.

I'm overwhelmed by the amount of options, I wonder if someone could help me configure the unit for this purpose.

looking forward your reply,
Best regards, Mauro.

tdw
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: MikroTik hAP lite TC Wireless client

Sun Jan 22, 2023 3:45 am

Quickset should only be used for the initial configuration. You probably want CPE with Configuration Bridge and Bridge All LAN Ports as a starting point, then change settings with Winbox or Webfig.

There are limitations in the 802.11 wireless protocol, these typically prevent true layer 2 bridging between an AP and station from different manufacturers - see https://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Manual:W ... tion_Modes.

Using station-pseudobridge to support multiple devices at the station end mostly works, however a common problem is DHCP does not work.