Community discussions

MikroTik App

eriley0731
just joined
Topic Author

MikroTik Groove ad hoc network

Fri Jun 19, 2015 7:48 pm

I have two MikroTik Groove wireless radios and would like to perform 802.11 Ad Hoc communications between them. I have both radios configured with the same SSID, and they are still both configured as "Station", as I didn't see a better option.

With both radios, I am able to perform a "scan", and both radios report back with a list of the various AP's that we have in operation in the building at my workplace. But for both radios, the scan does not see the other radio. I was hoping that some kind of scan or probe would allow me to at least see the other radio.

I am still new to wireless networking, and I'm not really sure specifically what to ask. Is ad hoc communications supported by these radios? If so, what configuration changes do I need? Or can you point me to documentation that describes how to operate in this mode?

If ad hoc is not supported, is there any documentation that explicitly states that?

Thanks!

dot02
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: MikroTik Groove ad hoc network

Thu Jan 26, 2023 2:31 pm

Hi,
even though this post is nearly 10 years old (and some other posts on this topic are even older), could you confirm that ad-hoc Wifi mode is still unsupported on MT devices. especially on the mAP lite?

Cheers
Denis