Community discussions

MikroTik App

qobit
just joined
Topic Author

Userman database corrupt after each reboot or power outage

Fri Jan 14, 2022 6:51 pm

Good day,
I hope someone can help. I've got a Routerboard 750G r3 OS 6.48.6 packages and firmware. I've got my hotspot's userman database on a Ext3 formatted USB disk (I moved it there after it kept getting corrupted when stored on the Mikrotik internal memory - that rebuilds could not even fix).
I noticed recently all of a sudden that every time I reboot the Router or the power goes out my hotspot's authentication does not work (using MAC auth). I can access userman interface through the web browser with no problem and everything looks fine.
I have to then go and rebuild my database in terminal, just that command nothing else, and then my authentication begins working again.
So basically after each power-outage or reboot I have to rebuild the userman database.
I've attached my setup, there is nothing special about it, just a straight forward minimum setup.
I would really appreciate any help or ideas.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ZSam
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: Userman database corrupt after each reboot or power outage

Fri Mar 11, 2022 10:28 pm

Been having this same problem since around 6.46. (From 2020 till now) and have seen many others posting a similar issue.

Have tried the forum and contacting MT support. No help.

Can someone help please?

lox
just joined

Re: Userman database corrupt after each reboot or power outage

Fri Jan 27, 2023 1:57 am

I have the same issue on HexPOE running v7.7 of RouterOS and the database store on /flash.
I cannot go on production because of that.