Community discussions

MikroTik App

dvaai
just joined
Topic Author

CAPsMan Configuration

Sat Jan 28, 2023 10:37 am

Hi, Support

I configured my CAPsMan as per this video: https://systemzone.net/mikrotik-capsman ... ng-winbox/

I am seeing my AP's showing the same IP address as my gateway router.

My issue is that the wifi is very slow and laggy, what can I do to fix this issue?

Regards

rextended
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: CAPsMan Configuration

Thu Feb 02, 2023 10:51 am

Instead of asking for help here right away, you use external videos, forums, blogs, etc. and then ask for help here.
We're happy to help, but not correct other forums and videos.
Ask who made that guide, and if the machines (apparently?) have the same IP, let alone the rest of the setup (which you didn't show) is fine.

If you ask "Did I follow this guide, did I set up the device correctly?" how do we "see" how you configured the devices? With the crystal ball?

Znevna
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Feb 02, 2023 10:59 am

[...]
My issue is that the wifi is very slow and laggy, what can I do to fix this issue?
You complain that it's slow yet you managed to open three useless topics in the forum in matter of minutes.
I think it's great.
Oh wait, one of them is from a few days ago, so only three useless topics but only two today.

And I was looking at the timestamp of @rextended's replies for some reason, your topic are days apart.
Now that I think of it, your posts had to be manually accepted by a moderator, that's why all three of them showed up today.
Still, congrats for the useless topics :p

erlinden
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Feb 02, 2023 11:45 am

Can you please share your config? Specifically of the CAPsMAN?

/export file=anynameyoulike

Make sure to remove serial, public IP and anything else personal

mkx
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Feb 02, 2023 12:44 pm

I am seeing my AP's showing the same IP address as my gateway router.

If APs actually use same address as router, then this is clearly the major problem in your network. And this part is not handled by CAPsMAN, so you'll have to change IP addresses of all APs to unique values. And this is the part of setup that has to be done on APs (if they are not configured to use the only DHCP server in your LAN to obtain their IP addresses).