Community discussions

MikroTik App

MKeigher
just joined
Topic Author

Major 'throughput' issues

Tue Jan 31, 2023 11:35 pm

Hey all,

I have a 1GB (up\down) fiber connection from my ISP and on the hour/every hour, I run a speed test using SpeedTest Tracker (https://github.com/alexjustesen/speedtest-tracker).
Traffic from the docker server (when the ST) runs is running through a MirkoTik RB760iGS on the latest stable 7.7 RouterOS firmware, running in bridged mode.

Network looks like this...

[Frontier ONT Unit] -----> [eero Pro 6] ------> [Mikrotik RB760iGS] ------> [Docker Server running Speedtest tracker in a container].

(Reason for the 5-port Mikrotik: The eero only has 2 ports, and I needed more.)

The speed tests started out fine, but then my download\upload speeds went from an average of 750Mbps\930Mbps all the way down to ~90Mbps\90Mbps.
I first rebooted the Frontier ONT, then the eero, and then the Mikrotik.. running a speed test after each device rebooted, and it was only after rebooting the Mikrotik did my speeds get back up to the initial 750Mbps\930Mbps range.

Granted... 750Mbps\930Mbps isn't quite '1Gig' on the download side there, but still... I am at a loss as to 'where even to begin to look' on the Mikrotik to try to identify the cause of why it would be limiting my line to ~10% of its capability.. for no reason other than ... 'uptime'??

If there if is any other info needed to help then please let me know, as this issue has been haunting me now for about 2 weeks, and I'm still at a complete loss as to why the Mikrotik is the cause of it (or, a reboot of the Mikrotik restores my bandwidth!)

Thanks all! :)
://mk