Community discussions

MikroTik App

waynger
just joined
Topic Author

Vesync Outlets require Mikrotik Reboot every few days

Sat Jan 14, 2023 1:01 am

I'm not sure I should even be posting here as this may not even me a Mikrotik issue but here go's:

I have 3 Vesync outlets that every few days 2 of them will fail to function, I can open their android app and those 2 are shown as offline, BTW all of these are on wifi.
I can reboot any or all of the outlets or reboot the wifi hotspot but nothing changes.
Rebooting my Mikrotik router always fixes the problem for a few days, My Mikrotik issues a new lease every 24 hours, yet sometimes the problem go's away for several days.
After a reboot in looking at all 3 outlets, firmware and settings are, I believe identical.
Any Ideas appreciated!

Thanks Wayne

bpwl
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Vesync Outlets require Mikrotik Reboot every few days

Sat Jan 14, 2023 1:42 am

fail to function

Can you be more specific on this ?

BTW Mikrotik routers should run for months/years without need to reboot.

What is in the LOG of the Mikrotik router concerning this "fail to function"? (before the reboot)

waynger
just joined
Topic Author

Sat Jan 14, 2023 6:32 am

When I said fail to function I cannot access or control those outlets by any means, reboot makes no difference, as a side note the units that fail to function are disconnected from power nightly so I don't know if that plays into this or not.

The next time this happens 3-5 days I will take a look at he log file

Thanks!

waynger
just joined
Topic Author

Tue Jan 31, 2023 10:42 pm

I increased lease time to 14 days so these outlets worked for 14 days then are no longer functional even if I reboot them, looking at leases they all are present, looking at firewall they are there also however none of them will work or are accessible using the android app, as I said rebooting the mirotik will make them all work again for I suspect 14 days. Here are the contents of the log file:

Can anyone point me?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

bpwl
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Feb 01, 2023 1:12 am

DHCP leases deassigned/assigned every +-85 seconds as seen in the LOG. Is there a known cause for this? Network disconnects or something else?
Not the 14 days you mentioned. Could happen with a 170 seconds lease time.
Multiple DHCP servers in the network???

waynger
just joined
Topic Author

Wed Feb 01, 2023 3:59 am

The network otherwise works great with roughly 40 devices connected 1/2 hard wired, 1/2 wireless. The Mikrotik is the only server, all 4 of these these vesync outlets as I said, quit functioning normally apparently when the lease(was 4 days is now 14 days) expires. No matter what I do, the only thing that gets them working again is a router reboot.

It is crude but I'm thinking about having the router do a reboot every 7 days a 4AM if I can't keep these things working any other way?

Thank you for the response, I appreciate it!