Community discussions

MikroTik App

pentim
just joined
Topic Author

AndroidTV Wifi issue

Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:50 pm

Hello everyone,

recently I bought a Mi TV Stick to make my old TV a little bit smart. The TV stick use wifi to access the internet. It connects to my wifi network, get a proper IP address but after 20-30s it shows message: "Connected, no internet". I'm using CAPsMAN to manage my wifi network. CAPsMAN is running on RBD52G-5HacD2HnD for 2,4 and 5 GHz interfaces and there is also an 951G-2HnD connected to CAPsMAN too. Every other device in my network is working without any issues, but not the TV stick. I should also mention, that the TV stick works fine, when is connected to wifi on the RBD52G, but not when it is connected to wifi on 951G. Do you maybe have any Idea what the issue could be?

floaty

Re: AndroidTV Wifi issue

Sat Aug 01, 2020 4:05 am

you failed ... in multiple ways !
1st) you failed with laying out your issue and your network design in a reasonable way
2nd) you brought your personel confusion into this forum
3rd) you have already a workaround (RBD52G is working pretty, while 951G makes headache*) ... so nobody has motive to support such trifle
suggestion:
-serve yourself a cold one
-make a list of possible reasons for your (personal-)network-problems
-work through that list consequently (more cold-one's may be needed ?!)
-if all that fails (highly implausible) you come back here, with sketch of your layout (with addresses and relevants... and all shebang, some logs, and allready from that forum advised debugs ...?
... and we talk again
deal ?

pentim
just joined
Topic Author

Sat Aug 01, 2020 8:02 pm

Thx for the feedback, even if not helpful. I have solved the problem, it turns out problem was in ARP. The thread can be closed.

orinox
just joined

Wed Jul 13, 2022 5:21 pm

Hello everyone,

recently I bought a Mi TV Stick to make my old TV a little bit smart. The TV stick use wifi to access the internet. It connects to my wifi network, get a proper IP address but after 20-30s it shows message: "Connected, no internet". I'm using CAPsMAN to manage my wifi network. CAPsMAN is running on RBD52G-5HacD2HnD for 2,4 and 5 GHz interfaces and there is also an 951G-2HnD connected to CAPsMAN too. Every other device in my network is working without any issues, but not the TV stick. I should also mention, that the TV stick works fine, when is connected to wifi on the RBD52G, but not when it is connected to wifi on 951G. Do you maybe have any Idea what the issue could be?
Hello , where is concrete problem in ARP ? I have xiaomi TV stick and have same problem with connect to capsman wifi on mikrotik , other wifi (example: phone hotspot) no problem.
Thank you

twilight
just joined

Sat Feb 04, 2023 2:50 pm

Yes, i have some similar problem with a Xiaomi device not connecting to the closest wifi caps. What about ARP was in trouble?