Community discussions

MikroTik App

lzrs
just joined
Topic Author

Cannot get Minecraft server working

Sat Feb 04, 2023 12:54 am

I've been trying for a few hours now to follow some of these other forum examples but to no avail, my ISP has also a bunch of default settings on my router and I don't know if they're interfering.
My network structure is as follows:

Router -> Switch -> Switch -> Switch -> Server & My PC

The IPv4 of the server is 192.168.101.153 static and I can connect using this IP from my machine but all the checking websites tell me 25565 is closed on my public IP.

Now I cannot upload my config either, probably again because of my ISP... (not enough permissions (9))

But what I have is screenshot below.

https://imgur.com/a/Rf1cJjS

anav
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Cannot get Minecraft server working

Sun Feb 05, 2023 11:48 pm

Which devices do you control and manage?
Is the ISP provided device a modem, a modem router, or a router.
What kind of access do you have to it???

Moba
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:20 am

Minecraft requires both UDP and TCP - UDP is always the most important for gaming.

Without any other info, inbound requests are blocked by default (firewall) and is expected behaviour on any home router, modem-router and Windows/macOS.

So, you need to disable the modem-router firewall (bridge mode should do that if available), tell your router to accept connections to port 25565 UDP or TCP (opens the port from outside your network i.e. on the WAN side) and forward those connections to the local IP address of you server (forwarding to LAN). Then do the same for Java on the operating system if necessary.

Lastly, you need to make sure that your ISP isn't blocking that port from their end (that info might be online already).

I would also look into isolating that server from the rest of your network using VLANs since I don't like leaving my doors open to the world.

Jotne
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Feb 09, 2023 8:08 am

In interface on your nat rule are set to all interface. It should only be your outside interface.
Do not post image in other sites, click Attachments under the post and add image to the forum.
Do post your config /export hide-sensitive
remove serial

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Use Splunk> to log/monitor your MikroTik Router(s).--> MikroTik->Splunk :mrgreen:
Backup config to Gmail -->Backup
Block users that tries ut use non open ports -->Block
Last edited by Jotne on Sun Feb 12, 2023 10:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

anav
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Feb 09, 2023 6:35 pm

Another example of why a ZERO TRUST CLOUDFLARE TUNNEL options package for all devices , would help the user create a SAFE server environment . WAKE UP Mikrotiik!!!!