Community discussions

MikroTik App

KF7BWS
just joined
Topic Author

Linking 2 hAP ac lite by WiFi (RF)

Tue Feb 07, 2023 10:34 pm

My internet provider is Century Link DSL into my Century Link router. I am currently using the Century Link router for ethernet and Wi-Fi connections. I will be shutting off the Wi-Fi and firewall on the Century Link router and using it for only a bridge from DSL to Ethernet. The Century Link router is at the north end of my home.

I will be attaching to an ethernet port on the Century Link router to the Ethernet port 1 (Internet) on and MikoTik hAP ac lite. At the south end of my home, I will have a second MikoTik hAP ac lite with attached ethernet devices. I need to link the 2 MikoTik hAP ac lite devices by Wi-Fi (RF) as one IP network with one DHCP, DNS, SSID, for my other Wi-Fi devices such as Phone, laptop, printer, etc. My Wi-Fi devices need to be able to roam between the 2 MikoTik hAP ac Lites. Some of my Wi-Fi devices are 2.4Ghz only some 5Ghz and others dual. This configuration needs to function as if I had an ethernet cable connected between the 2 MikoTik hAP ac lite devices. Port one (internet) on the south MikoTik hAP ac lite device will not be used to connect to the internet.

Wes Larson - KF7BWS