Community discussions

MikroTik App

Nexius
just joined
Topic Author

Advise needed for house mesh

Thu Feb 09, 2023 2:19 am

Hi all ;)

I would like to setup a mesh network at my new 4 bedroom house - my isp provide 1gb down/200mb up.

It’s a 2 floors house (1st floor-living Room, kitchen, 1 bedroom 2nd floor 3 bedrooms) and I don’t have possibility to hard wire Ethernet cable… only with wireless…and I’m thinking to use 2/3 devices.

I saw:
-hap ax3
-hap ax2
-audience

Can you please advise me wich it’s the best device to achieve my setup?

Many thanks!

🙏

Amm0
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Advise needed for house mesh

Thu Feb 09, 2023 2:50 am

Well, the Audience is nice since it has a dedicated 5Ghz radio for the mesh. Only downside is there isn't an ax model of it yet, but having the extra radio is quite handing for "meshing". If you have a TV or anything else that uses a lot of data, you can use the 2nd jack of the audience to avoid one more Wi-Fi link. I think two audience would cover a lot of ground, even without Wi-Fi 6.

Now if you get a cable run between the floors, that be better, and using hAPax3 and hAPax2 combo might be nice too, give you some extra ports in couple locations. And those support the "Wi-Fi 6", unlike the Wave2/"Wi Fi-5" of the Audience. The ax3 has a USB port, which may be handy too (neither hAPax2 nor Audience have a USB port). I guess they could mesh them, but you'd lose either 2.4Ghz or 5Ghz to do it, which is far from ideal.

Just my two cents however.