Community discussions

MikroTik App

slav
just joined
Topic Author

hAP ax3 problems

Sat Feb 11, 2023 11:10 am

I changed my rb951 for hp ax3.
- all IoT devices (sonoff, tuya) are disconnected and cant be connected do hp ax3 (tryed mode ax, n, g/n)...
- choosing channels and settings in v7 are very bad, I use routeros and routerboards more than 10 years but wifi settings in v7 is disaster...
- signal compared to rb951 is worse - same settings, same channel, same position, I dont understand why?
- one card is supposed to be just 5ghz and another one 2ghz..but it is problem to find it out..(just some settings - channels cant be done on 5ghz or 2ghz cards)

anav
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: hAP ax3 problems

Sun Feb 12, 2023 5:10 pm

You have excellent complaining skills, but terrible communication skills.
All I see is opinion and no facts.....
Network diagram and full config /export file=anynameyouwish (minus router serial number and any public WANIP information)

holvoetn
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sun Feb 12, 2023 6:18 pm

I have AX3 and IoT devices running just fine.

Wifi settings using wifiwave2 is a completely different beast then what you are used to on RB951, even if you have 10 years experience. You start again from 0 here.
If you have ever used capsman, there will be some similarities in the way it needs to be done.

I highly doubt signal using a device with external antenna is worse then a device with internal antenna. More likely settings which are not correct.

Settings for 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz radios can obviously be different. Again, you start from 0 experience here.

Look for wifiwave2 help page from Mikrotik and start there. Piece by piece, bit by bit.

And otherwise, follow Anav's suggestion of showing your config. Then we can have a look.

gbtest85
just joined

Fri Dec 15, 2023 1:23 am

Hello, had same issue with hAP AX3 running 7.12 and a cheap Tuya Wifi Breaker that I bought from AliExpress.

To solve it I had to switch to WPA2 and force set CCMP for encryption and group encryption:
/interface wifiwave2

* omissis*

add configuration.hide-ssid=no .mode=ap .ssid=wlanIOTs disabled=no mac-address=\
    xA:x9:xA:x7:x9:x2 master-interface=wifi2ghz name=WIFI2-IOT \
    security.authentication-types=wpa2-psk .connect-priority=0 .encryption=ccmp \
    .group-encryption=ccmp

Adding WPA3 makes the device to not connect.

Once got it working I didn't dig it further.

Just for reference this is a slave interface in a separate VLAN.

Hope it helps!

My experience with MikroTik is less than an year but I love it!

Giorgio