Community discussions

MikroTik App

iamspartacus
just joined
Topic Author

Trunking VLANS to Proxmox does not work. Where's my error?

Mon Feb 13, 2023 4:10 pm

Switch: CRS354-48G-4S+2Q+
RouterOS: 7.7

I'm having trouble getting trunked VLANS to work over a bond I have setup to a Proxmox host. My switch config is attached, but please note that the trunk port BOND-To-PROXMOX is currently set with a PVID of 110 and that VLAN is untagged because it's currently the only way I can get my host to function. If I set the PVID at the default of 1, and tag all the VLANS I'm trying to pas over the trunk (110, 120, and 140), I can't get any communication to work when I assign those VLANs to Proxmox. I started first troubleshooting this on the Proxmox side but I've confirmed with many Proxmox pro's that my config looks good on that side.

I'm still pretty green with RouterOS so it's likely I just have an error in my config that is not allowing this to work. For reference, while the attached config is my current "working" config, below is how I had the relevant sections configured when I was trying to get everything to work the way I expected it to work with the VLANs all tagged over the bond.
/interface bridge
add ingress-filtering=no name=bridge vlan-filtering=yes

/interface vlan
add comment="MGMT VLAN" interface=bridge name=MGMT vlan-id=240

/interface bonding
add mode=802.3ad name=BOND-To-PROXMOX slaves=ether21,ether23 transmit-hash-policy=layer-3-and-4

/interface bridge port
add bridge=bridge comment="Trunk to Pfsense" ingress-filtering=no interface=sfp-sfpplus1
add bridge=bridge ingress-filtering=no interface=BOND-To-PROXMOX pvid=1

/interface bridge vlan
add bridge=bridge comment=MGMT-NET tagged=bridgesfp-sfpplus1 vlan-ids=240
add bridge=bridge comment=SERVER-NET tagged=sfp-sfpplus1,BOND-To-PROXMOX vlan-ids=110
add bridge=bridge comment=CLIENT-NET tagged=sfp-sfpplus1,BOND-To-PROXMOX vlan-ids=120
add bridge=bridge comment=DOCKERVPN-NET tagged=sfp-sfpplus1,BOND-To-PROXMOX vlan-ids=140

/ip address
add address=172.24.0.2/24 interface=MGMT network=172.24.0.0

/ip route
add disabled=no dst-address=0.0.0.0/0 gateway=172.24.0.1
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.