Community discussions

MikroTik App

wavestar
just joined
Topic Author

RB5009UG+S+IN system routerboard reset-button default settings

Wed Feb 15, 2023 12:29 pm

Hi,

In the RB5009UG+S+IN user manual I found the following information about reset button:

The RouterBOOT reset button has the following functions. Press the button and apply the power, then:
  • Release the button when the green LED starts flashing, to reset the RouterOS configuration to defaults.
  • Release the button after LED is no longer lit (~20 seconds) to cause a device to look for Netinstall servers (required for reinstalling RouterOS over the network).

Regardless of the above option used, the system will load the backup RouterBOOT loader if the button is pressed before power is applied to the device. Useful for RouterBOOT debugging and recovery.

Recently I did reset to factory defaults with the command:
/system reset-configuration skip-backup=yes 

I checked the system routerboard reset-button setting after this reset and I found the reset-button enabled was set to no:
/system routerboard reset-button print
    enabled: no
  hold-time: 0s..1m
   on-event: 

Does this setting mean that the reset button is completely disabled after the device has reset to factory defaults?