Community discussions

MikroTik App

abhimandora
just joined
Topic Author

Active-Backup switching and DHCP server

Thu Feb 16, 2023 1:08 pm

Hello everyone, I'm new to the Mikrotik switches and I'm using 2 Hap ac Mikrotik switches. So I've connected Wap 60G on both the switches, so I can have a main connection of wigig and if that is down I want them to connect through a wifi-link that will work as a secondary connection. So to achieve that I've configured a bond as active-backup (1-eth1 and 2- as WLAN-1). I've attached images for the connection I want, bond configuration and DHCP server error.

Problem 1
Now if I'm trying to run a DHCP server on wlan, it's showing me an error that the DHCP server can not run on slaves. Is there any way to run the DHCP server on wlan?

Problem 2
Active-backup link is working if a connection is inactive but if the wigigs are disconnected but powered on, it will show that the ethernet port is active and it won't switch. So can someone please help me configure this one as well.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.