Community discussions

MikroTik App

hubrikt
just joined
Topic Author

POE IN RB5009UG+S+IN not working properly

Thu Feb 16, 2023 8:43 pm

Hello!

I would like to ask here as I tried everything and still I have no clue about what is happening with my Port 1 POE IN for my RB5009UG+S+IN
I have a Switch Netgear JGS524PE, with 12 ports IEEE 802.3af. It is powering a POE camera and a couple of APs.

However, I don't have a consistent behaviour when trying to power the Mikrotik router with POE using this Switch. I know that works, as I've been able to power it sometimes using the Switch, but is not consistent. I have a lot of issues any time I have a power outage.
I connect the Ethernet, but normally nothing happens and no light. Sometimes it boots up randomly after some time....others router turns on as soon as I ping to router IP address (connected through my LAN using Wifi) and some other it never turns on (as it's my current status).

It sounds to me that the router is not sending the "message" to Switch saying he wants some power. Is there any button to be pressed or any light to be checked when cable with POE is connected to Port 1?
It's not a big deal, but I would like to have my setup mainly with POE, and I would need to know if maybe my router is faulty.

Thanks!