Community discussions

MikroTik App

rafaborges
just joined
Topic Author

List of Possible Wifi Clients

Sun Feb 19, 2023 12:53 pm

Hi there,

Currently, I'm using an hAP AC as part of an installation that is constantly on the go. It uses one of the WLANs to connect to an available wifi and share it with everything connected in the LAN ports. This is how I'm consifguring the WLAN as a wifi client:

/interface wireless security-profiles
add authentication-types=wpa2-psk group-ciphers=tkip,aes-ccm mode=dynamic-keys name=client-wifi-password unicast-ciphers=tkip,aes-ccm wpa2-pre-shared-key=<wifi-pwd>
/interface wireless
set [ find default-name=wlan1 ] band=2ghz-b/g/n country="united kingdom" disabled=no frequency=auto installation=indoor security-profile=client-wifi-password ssid=<SSID>

It works fine, but every time I'm at a new venue, I have to manually change the <wifi-pwd> and the <SSID>, then revert it back to my office / home / hotel wifi when I'm out of it. Is it possible to have a list of valid wifis that I can connect to, so I don't need to constantly update the interface configuration?

Thanks!

Ca6ko

Re: List of Possible Wifi Clients

Tue Feb 21, 2023 1:12 pm

The list of SSIDs is added to the Connection List
List of passwords in Security Profiles