Community discussions

MikroTik App

Sanchito
just joined
Topic Author

Mikrotik Mesh HWMP

Mon Feb 20, 2023 3:22 pm

Hello there,

this is my first post here because I can't find any solution to my problem.
For the background:
I have multiple boxes with 2x MikroTik Metal 52 ac (OS 7.7) connected over a switch. One Metal 52 ac acting as AP for clients (2.4GHz) and the other is working in the 5GHz frequency as backhaul.
Each of these boxes should connect to another box via the 5GHz freq. My first idea was to just use WDS and OSPF as routing protocol. This worked for a amount of 4-5 boxes. More than that and problems accoured.
MESH.png
Now i resetted all my confugurations and am trying to use just HWMP for meshing and routing like this:
https://help.mikrotik.com/docs/pages/vi ... Id=8978441

Problem here: I
f I am using dynamic WDS mode the AP will randomly disconnect and reconnect with another wds connection of the same AP (number is increasing wds1 ,wds2 ..)
If I am using static WDS mode the connection will also randomly disconnect and reconnect after some time. This result in a high unstable connection wich is unsuitable for live cam's.

My question:
Is HWMP even the right solution?
What exactly is the problem of my confuguration, why does WDS always fail and reconnect?

I really hope someone can help me with this. if you need some more informations please let me know!
Thanks in advance
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sanchito
just joined
Topic Author

Re: Mikrotik Mesh HWMP

Wed Feb 22, 2023 5:23 pm

I just downgraded to 6.4.8 - looks fine for now. Can someone confirm that OS7.7 has a problem with the mesh function?