Community discussions

MikroTik App

AMeador1
just joined
Topic Author

Cannot get SXT LTE6 kit-US on AT&T to connect

Fri Dec 09, 2022 5:52 am

I have a sim card that I pulled from another LTE router type device that was working. So, I know the sim card was working with my AT&T data plan. It is one of AT&T's older plans that still has unlimited data use on hotspots.

So, I put this sim card in this new Mikrotik unit. I allowed the initial config to be activated on the SXT LTE6. I then changed the default APN value to 'Broadband'. And left the 'Use Network APN' checked -but after I saved it - I noticed that the 'Use Network APN' was unchecked - I guess if does that when you set an explicit value for APN.

The default APN with 'internet' as the value did not connect. The value of 'broadband' also does not connect.

I called AT&T to see if they needed to set the IMEI or anything else and also tried to verify what the APN should be set to as well as any other requirements (like IP version, authentication, etc...) - but the support rep was not very knowledgeable about any of this. She just said this device was not on their certified devices list and basically wouldn't help any further. She did supposedly reconfigure the sim card to work with the IMEI of this device. But, I kind-of thought the last time I tried moving a sim to another device with them, that they ended up having to give me a new sim to get it to work.

I have upgraded the ROS and firmware to 7.6.0 - but no change. I've rebooted the device when doing many of these changes - but no change.

I tried changing the APN settings to IP Type: Auto and IPv4 - no difference.

I just can't connect and AT&T is of no help.

Has anyone else gotten this to work with AT&T regular service (not prepaid) that can share their configs or explain why I can't get this working?

Here is my settings related to the LTE subtree:
[admin@MikroTik] > interface/lte/export verbose 
# jan/02/1970 00:59:55 by RouterOS 7.6
# software id = G65D-83JX
#
# model = RBSXTR
# serial number = HCY089EHRZT
/interface lte apn
set [ find default=yes ] add-default-route=yes apn="" authentication=none \
    default-route-distance=2 ip-type=ipv4 name=default use-network-apn=yes \
    use-peer-dns=yes
add add-default-route=yes apn=internet authentication=none comment=\
    "Backup of original - default APN" default-route-distance=2 ip-type=auto \
    name=apn1 use-network-apn=yes use-peer-dns=yes
/interface lte
set [ find default-name=lte1 ] allow-roaming=no apn-profiles=default band=2,12 \
    disabled=no !modem-init mtu=1500 name=lte1 network-mode=3g,lte
/interface lte settings
set firmware-path=firmware mode=auto sim-slot=a

AMeador1
just joined
Topic Author

Re: Cannot get SXT LTE6 kit-US on AT&T to connect

Sat Dec 10, 2022 3:28 am

Ok. I'm getting very frustrated with this. I bought 4 of these units!

I went to the AT&T local store today and worked with them for nearly 2 hours on this. They verified that my sim is working by moving it to a hotspot they had on hand and it connected right away. We verified that the APN settings on this SXT LTE6 are set the same as their hotspot. APN Name = ATT Broadband, APN = broadband, IP Type = IPv4, Authentication = none, etc... I added the bands B2 and B12 - both of which are showing up in lte1...Cell Monitor. The ROS is updated the 7.6 - downloaded and updated on 12/8/2022. Firmware updated as well. As I still cannot get it to connect - I can update the lte1 firmware or check for new versions.

I have now pulled out another of these units - as I have 4 of them and done all of the same as above - also no connection! I thought maybe the first unit was bad - but unless both that I have now tested are bad - that is not the case.

Anyone? Someone has to have configured some LTE units on AT&T in the US - anyone that can share their settings? Anyone with these units that have gotten this to work with AT&T?

Thanks!

jdinalt
just joined

Re: Cannot get SXT LTE6 kit-US on AT&T to connect

Sun Feb 26, 2023 7:10 am

I have a "LHG LTE6 kit" and use an ATT Prepaid SIM, registered to the IMEI of an old iPad. I believe I have also tested the unit from my cell, which has a regular ATT plan. It works.

You can find a list of ATT APN setting here:
https://www.att.com/support/article/wireless/KM1062162/

I'm using the APN "Broadband," but it looks like there are other values, which are associated with the device type (from the registered IMEI).

Here's my configuration:
[admin@MikroTik] /interface/lte> export verbose
# feb/25/2023 21:01:01 by RouterOS 7.7
# software id = AUNQ-LRS1
#
# model = RBLHGR
# serial number = D6B90CE1E63F
/interface lte apn
set [ find default=yes ] add-default-route=yes apn=Broadband authentication=none default-route-distance=2 ip-type=ipv4 name=ATT use-network-apn=no use-peer-dns=yes
add add-default-route=yes apn=Broadband authentication=none default-route-distance=2 ip-type=ipv4 name=ATT-Broadband use-network-apn=no use-peer-dns=yes
/interface lte
set [ find default-name=lte1 ] allow-roaming=no apn-profiles=ATT-Broadband band="" disabled=no !modem-init mtu=1500 name=lte1 network-mode=lte
/interface lte settings
set firmware-path=firmware mode=auto
[admin@MikroTik] /interface/lte> monitor lte1
           pin-status: ok
  registration-status: registered
        functionality: full
         manufacturer: "MikroTik"
                model: "R11e-LTE6"
             revision: R11e-LTE6_V034
     current-operator: AT&T