Community discussions

MikroTik App

akoscomp
just joined
Topic Author

PPPoE internet problems with ROS7

Tue Feb 28, 2023 10:22 pm

In last weeks I have some problems with pppoe internet connection with mikrotik device.
I got the same problem on my company business internet and at home. Both use the same ISP (RDS Romania, Cluj-Napoca) with PPPoE connection.

I made some tests with a TPLink Archer A6 router, Mikrotik hEX with ROS 6.48.6 and ROS 7.8 from diferrent hosts connected with wifi or lan cable.
The results are almost same on all device independently from connection method (wifi, lan).
With TPLink I don't have problems, with ROS 6.48.6 it's worse but without serious problems, but with ROS 7.8 I have serious timeouts in ping.

The only strange think was that I made the same test on other geographical location same ISP (RDS Romania, Arad), ros 4.49.7, RB951G-2HnD and I got the perfect result.
In all situation I made some background traffic, speedtest, run some torrents, etc.

If I use the internet few hours with many ssh and other connections, become completely unusable. In my company we stop to use this ISP from this reason.

The ping results:

The images is numbered from left to right and top to bottom
1. ros 6.48.6
2. ros 7.8
3. lan - ros 7.8
4. lan - tplink
5. ros 7.8
6. ros 6.48.6
7. tplink
8. other geographilcal location same ISP, ros 4.49.7, RB951G-2HnD

Another image with idle ping over night without any traffic, ROS7: