Community discussions

MikroTik App

citizen25
just joined
Topic Author

BGP ip6 not limited to filter

Thu Feb 23, 2023 11:48 pm

I have a bgp router that I am only trying to broadcast my own IPs upstream. At this time one of my upstream providers is getting a lot of HE ip6 blocks in adding to my own blocks. I have a Output Network list that only gives my IP6 space. But this apparently is not enough.

As uncheck connected is not available in RouterOS 7.x what is an output filter that would limit to only x ip list.

citizen25
just joined
Topic Author

Re: BGP ip6 not limited to filter

Thu Mar 02, 2023 6:09 pm

I will try again since no replies have been given to this problem

BGP peer given I per the peer I can only broadcast my routes to them. They do not want any other routes my router knows save my routes (ie they do not want transit across my network )

In os 6.x this was just check or uncheck a few boxes and only your declared routes were given. This simple feature has been removed in ROS 7.x in exchange of filters which do give much more fine tuning ability.
Issue only seems to happen on ip6 BGP session not the ip4 sessions

I have an ip list with only my IPs (V4 and V6) and this is set to the output network

No filter save output network they do get my ipv6 routes but also 100+ learned from my other bgp peers
I have an output filter that says: "if (dst in abcd:1234::/36) {accept} else {reject}" -- Looking glass of peer they did not get any ip block from my bgp session
I have also tried output filter that says: "if (dst in 123.123.123.0/24 || dst in abcd:abcd::/36) {accept} else {reject}" -- Looking glass of peer they did not get any ip block from my bgp session
I am also trying if(bgp-path-len >2) {reject}

Tried this but it fails agreement with syntax "if (bgp-network == 12345 || bgp-network == 123456) {accept} eles {reject}

I just need a filter that will only send my ips or what was sorced from my ASN numbers only.