Community discussions

MikroTik App

pawelfi1982
just joined
Topic Author

Configuration concept

Mon Mar 06, 2023 11:30 am

Hello
Im stuck as im not sure how to setup (if it is possible) this what i think off.

Me and my neighbor have that same 2 mikrotik crs310 devices. We both have different ISP connected to it. For now the configuration is simple.
We have both DHCP servers and we have fiber connection beetween us - but we do not see each other inside networks ( this is correct we do not want to mix DHCPs and LAN devices)
The only think is that.
On netA i have NAS server and configuration looks like this:
CRS NETA
bridgeA ports from SFP 1-7,
bridgeB ports from SFP 8-9

CRS NETB
bridgeB ports from SFP 1-9,

So in this setup people from NETB can use NAS resources that are located in other building (NETA)

I would like now to setup something else and im stuck on how it can be done.
I would like to use in NETA the ISP from NETB and in NETB the ISP from NETA - so the solution is described here https://mum.mikrotik.com/presentations/US12/steve.pdf
But from this point i do not know how it can be done.

My idea is to create in:
NETA new second network 192.168.100.0/29 that will share ISP from NETA to NETB - so i will be able to use this address as second WAN in NETB and
NETB new second network 192.168.50.0/29 that will share ISP from NETB to NETA - so i will be able to use this address as second WAN in NETA

But im, stuck how to manage it. I think it will be better to use our fiber connection for bidirectional trunk for this shared ISP, but i don know how to start.

I hope my explanation is clear, could anyone give me some ideas?
Should I for example create in NETA VLAN100, tag it to port SFP9 and in NETB create VLAN50 and tag it to port SFP9?

Thank You for any advice.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.