Community discussions

MikroTik App

dzecevic
just joined
Topic Author

hAP ac² port synchronizing only to 1gbps

Mon Mar 06, 2023 5:30 pm

Hi I have a problem with hAP ac². Not sure HW or SW. Basically port 2 is not syncing to 1gbit. To remove issues with Cable or Device. I have a PS4 and 1gbit switch. If I connect the ps4 to port 2 max is 100mbit. If I switch to port 2 also 100mbit, and if I switch to port 3, the port gets 1gbit. So cable or device should not be a problem. I tried to recheck config from ports 2 and 3 and they are the same.
Any ideas?
Thanks!

holvoetn
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: hAP ac² port synchronizing only to 1gbps

Mon Mar 06, 2023 5:56 pm

It may sound weird and counter-intuitive but still I would try another cable.
One you know which works with another device on another port of your AC2 and advertises 1Gb.

Then try that cable with that other device on port 2 and see what it advertises.

dzecevic
just joined
Topic Author

Re: hAP ac² port synchronizing only to 1gbps

Mon Mar 06, 2023 6:11 pm

Basically the switch is upstairs and changing that cable can be difficult. PS4 is just by the Router. So I tried with 2 different cables in theory. I can change the cable for PS4 again, but I'm not sure it will help. I just changed the ports. Took out cable from port 2 and put it in port 3, and cable from port 3 i put in port 2.