Community discussions

MikroTik App

13x4
just joined
Topic Author

Linux Netinstall with autoupdate, autodetect. In a loop.

Sun Mar 12, 2023 3:36 pm

Hello.

I'm working as RMA technician for one of Mikrotik's distributors.
Mostly I'm using Linux version of Netinstall, because until recently it was more reliable than Windows version.
But I'm lacking architecture auto-detection of Windows version. And usually I need to NetInstall bunch of the devices.

So I wrote a script. Here is: https://codeberg.org/13x4/netinstall_au ... utoloop.sh
How it works.
At every run script checks some requirements, check latest version of Netinstall and packages, and updates them if necessary.
Then it runs a loop.
In a loop:
  • it catches UDP packets to find MAC address and architecture of Mikrotik's device in etherboot mode.
  • then it runs unchanged original Mikrotik's netinstall-cli for Linux with required parameters. That is all.

Feel free to share, change and modify. I hope you will find the script useful. Please, let me know if so - I would be glad to hear it. :)

UPD (28.04.2023)
Fixed issue when the script does not see devices other than arm/arm64. Now I have done more testing. Sorry about previous release. :)

UPD (26.05.2023)
Fixed issue with 3rd number of packages Semantic versioning (issue with 7.9.1)

UPD (12.02.2024)
Per user's request, I changed some behavior: now, instead of deleting old files, the script creating a directory and puts old files there.
If you prefer old behavior, then comment new lines and uncomment old ones in the script (easy to find).