Community discussions

MikroTik App

benoitc
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

4x RB5009 in 1U how much heat does it create?

Sun Mar 12, 2023 9:42 pm

I'm interested by putting the 4 RB5009 I have in 1U but hI am wondering how much the heat is dissipated. Do you think it will be OK in the summer ? For example would it work in room between 30-35° ? (which can happen when the AC fails or it's too hot outside). Any feedback i welcome.

chechito
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: 4x RB5009 in 1U how much heat does it create?

Sun Mar 12, 2023 11:24 pm

then you should also be concerned about the thermal contribution of the devices located above and below the 4 x rb5009 combo

in each case there may be numerous variables that influence the final result

off course you can't expect the same thermal behavior

i think the most problematic situation is the vertical proximity between each pair of rb5009 an the potential contact area between them and cosecuently loss of contact with surrounding air

i think the most wise will be use the scheme of 4 x rb5009 in 1 RU in well ventilated site, if you have an already complicated thermal situation is not wise to make it worse stacking passsive equipment

i dont say that it will not work but surely you willl have hotter temperatures not only on rb5009's, on close equipment you will see its temperature rise aswell

to the compendium of good ideas just add 10G BASE-T modules to the Mix, Why not ???

benoitc
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Re: 4x RB5009 in 1U how much heat does it create?

Mon Mar 13, 2023 12:25 pm

ok I see, wondering if someone tested this setup and provide some feedback though.

I think I ma have been interesting to provide a shelf that allws to put the power input and the router on it (or é routees) that would be awesome :)