Community discussions

MikroTik App

Lachi
just joined
Topic Author

OVPN server on MT, but behind MT device.

Tue Mar 14, 2023 4:34 pm

Hello all

The following question might be an easy one, even too easy for some of you, but it is giving me a headache for some time now.
Here is my configuration:
- one RB3011 router that is connected to the Internet. It is OVPN server.
- one LtAP that is simulating the Internet connection. It has internet access via 4G. The RB3011 connects via that LtAP
- one LtAP that is on remote location. This one is OVPN client.

Idea is to make an OVPN tunnel between LtAP2 and RB3011, in order to connect remote location that has some equipment (i.e., CCTV camera, alarm device etc).
Everything is working OK if i make OVPN between LtAP1 and LtAP2. In that case, I can connect to remote router or remote device and have full connectivity.
The RB3011 can connect to internet and if I plug in any device to RB3011, it provides it with internet connection.

I have been trying to find solution how to set up FW and NAT on LtAP1 in order to connect remote OVPN location to RB3011. So far, I did not had any success.
Please, bear in mind that my understanding of NAT and FW is somewhat limited, but I generally do understand how it function (but not in details).

By the logic of things, the LtAP should just forward the traffic to the RB3011.

If someone can explain how traffic is flowing in this case and make a suggestion for NAT and FW rules on both LtAP1 and RB3011, it would be greatly appreciated.

P.S.: Please, don't make me post my configuration, it is a mess after few day of trying an punching holes in FW. After this is solved, I will surely reset all equipment and start from scratch, just to make it work first !

Thanks

L.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.