Community discussions

MikroTik App

batot
just joined
Topic Author

Some flame around v6.48.6 (split from the "v6.48.6 [long-term] is released!" topic)

Mon Mar 13, 2023 10:19 am

@AUsquirrel be carreful when using software 6.48.6. I didn't count but maybe 10-15 different version RBs with software 6.48.6 and past upgrade this soft have problem for this moment with 2 RB. All time hang up and if you have watchdog get reboot. But for time to check watchdog no have transmission.
I haven't found a common denominator for those devices that freeze and those that don't.
The only thing that distinguishes these hanging devices with soft 6.48.6 is the fact that they usually have a lot of interfaces, vlans and an extensive firewall of at least 40 lines.
Those with a minimum of interfaces and a minimum firewall of max 6-8 lines, the problem does not occur.
There you can see a fow post before I reported this problem to mikrotik a few months ago and sent a suspicious file but they ignored me.
Where there is a problem with 6.48.6, I uploaded 6.49.7 and as he removed the problem with his hand, the problem disappeared.
For now, too few devices have 6.49.7 uploaded to be able to say whether this rule always works.
I'm going to upgrade to 6.49.7 on the second device and see if the problem goes away.

On the first device, it is not known why the problem occurred because it appeared without any symptoms in all 24h I get 1 restart min if get watchdog or halt RB if you not used watchdog.
On the second it probably has something to do with RSTP but that's just my suspicion. Because the traffic from the WAN side to the device comes suddenly out of nowhere, it stops bridging to the LAN interface and cuts off communication. Lan wasn't even reachable in either L3 or L2. From the WAN side, you could freely connect to the device.
For this moment past 72h problem back.
After a current restart or watchdog restart, it's like a hand suddenly removed everything works.
This soft 6.48.6 is heavily bugged, be carreful all !!!
In my network site abut 15-20% RBs not working property with 6.48.6.
This problem we not see fast past upgrade to 6.48.6. All problems start exist past a few weekend past update software.
And overvoltages, etc., other things have nothing to do with it, because I updated the devices in late autumn and the problems occur, as you can see, even in the winter season.

Importent !
All devices before upgrade software to 6.48.6 working property without any froze or restart with this same configuration.

For Mikrotik Staff:
Mans please stop going all time for new version and more testing before pushing version.
Stop doing with us Alpha testers!!!

rextended
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: v6.48.6 [long-term] is released!

Mon Mar 13, 2023 11:24 am

@AUsquirrel be carreful when using software 6.48.6.
Luckily you warned him after 4 months...
Otherwise he was waiting another 4 months...

rextended
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Mar 13, 2023 11:29 am

This soft 6.48.6 is heavily bugged, be carreful all !!!
Good thing you wrote it!!!
After a year and over of using 6.48.6 on more than 4000 devices, not even ONE has crashed.

Could it be that maybe the problem is elsewhere?
Like how do you set them up or treat them yourself?

rextended
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Mar 13, 2023 11:32 am

For Mikrotik Staff:
Mans please stop going all time for new version and more testing before pushing version.
Stop doing with us Alpha testers!!!
In fact this version is only over a year old, too little between one long-term version and another.

Do you realize the bullshit you write?

batot
just joined
Topic Author

Mon Mar 13, 2023 4:24 pm

Could it be that maybe the problem is elsewhere?
Theoretical if you have right, how are you explain that upgrade to version 6.49.7 resolve problem?
In fact this version is only over a year old, too little between one long-term version and another.
Sorry but don't understand your thinking.
Do you realize the bullshit you write?
Does mikrotik pay you money for these posts?
Start writing factually or change this description "GURU" for NEWBIE or something like this because you lower the level of conversation on the forum.

erlinden
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Mar 13, 2023 4:33 pm

Theoretical if you have right, how are you explain that upgrade to version 6.49.7 resolve problem?
There are more explanations, if you want a good answer can you please share the config?

/export hide-sensitive file=anynameyoulike

Don't forget to remove serial/public IP/other personal information

batot
just joined
Topic Author

Mon Mar 13, 2023 4:57 pm

Don't forget to remove serial/public IP/other personal information
 ~]$ cat anynameyoulike.rsc |wc
   8884   26982  346745
Realy thinking that i lose many time for hide important data?

I was told you in the past was send file suspicious to mikrotik be company don't know why this soft not working.
I'll think about it when I'm bored ;)

rextended
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Mar 13, 2023 5:59 pm

Realy thinking that i lose many time for hide important data?
Now you understand why I treat people like you how should they be treated?
If you're not good at doing things, it's not the fault of other forum users or MikroTik staff.

viewtopic.php?p=964230#p964201
Are you the first rude, with whom it is polite, and do you deserve respect?

However I work on it, and I earn money for other people who have families at home, and if I say that 6.48.6 works perfectly,
apart from the known bugs (which don't affect its functioning), it's that way, not yours.

In fact, everything is going so well, that I can afford to screw around here on the forum, look at it...

we will see you again in a few YEARS writing the same things on another version, like THE USUAL...
viewtopic.php?p=381385#p381385

P.S.: I don't work or get paid by MikroTik.

batot
just joined
Topic Author

Mon Mar 13, 2023 8:16 pm

If you're not good at doing things, it's not the fault of other forum users or MikroTik staff.
Yea, yea it is not fault Mikrotik, not fault Mikrotik staff, but bad using buyers ;)
I perfectly understand that you would like to know the configuration, I would write the same in your place (about config).
However, as you can see, I probably got the most extensive configuration and I would have to modify every second configuration line by covering sensitive data or more often.
Such data as: SSID, MAC address, IP, VLAN name, VPN's name, ports, interface name, password, login, users, etc.
On this device, services are often set up, sometimes test with other operators. I can't show you full configuration, services etc.
Unless I remove from configuration all firewall, it will be much easier ;)
If the firewall is not important, let me know, I'll remove it and it will be much easier. It's nice that someone finally took an interest in the problem.
viewtopic.php?p=964230#p964201
Are you the first rude, with whom it is polite, and do you deserve respect?
Oh no, I'm polite, but you started your speech very rudely.
viewtopic.php?p=964230#p989701
However I work on it, and I earn money for other people who have families at home, and if I say that 6.48.6 works perfectly,
apart from the known bugs (which don't affect its functioning), it's that way, not yours.
Me too, but not all RB's.
we will see you again in a few YEARS writing the same things on another version, like THE USUAL...
viewtopic.php?p=381385#p381385
And still don't see any connection with this case, that report concerns a completely different case.

mkx
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Mar 13, 2023 8:22 pm

Such data as: SSID, MAC address, IP, VLAN name, VPN's name, ports, interface name, password, login, users, etc.

Half of mentioned things are not sensitive at all. And further quarter is not exported (even with show-sensitive). IMO this is indicative why you'll have hard time to get any advice here.
So what @rextended already wrote (which is that he's got thousands of devices running this version of ROS without any problems) is basically all you can get based on information you're willing to provide.

batot
just joined
Topic Author

Mon Mar 13, 2023 9:15 pm

IMO this is indicative why you'll have hard time to get any advice here.
Mikrotik stuf NEVER help me resolve problem - it is nothing new for me.
I NO EXPECT RESOLVE THIS PROBLEM - because I know that Mikrotik can't resolve this.
I just want to warn everyone before installing 6.48.6 that they are aware of what they are putting themselves at risk.

This version has problems with speed (reported in another thread, which is partially solved by netinstall, but not completely), as well as with stability, losing communication, RB hangs.

I would be very surprised if this time it was different, since for 10 years they have never helped in any case reported by me.

PS: Solutions, that's too much to say, we often find a workaround, not a solution, but not here, but often on other forums or forums closed to operators only.
Amen.

erlinden
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Mar 13, 2023 9:29 pm

I checked your earlier screenprint and noticed that you are using two bridges. If you want to use hardware offloading you should migrate to a single bridge, combined with VLAN's if necessary.

Are you using queues?
Are you sure you want to be helped?
Can you share a config that you feel confident with (rename anything that is sensitive)?

rextended
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Mar 13, 2023 11:08 pm

@erlinden, didn't you realize he's a troll?
It is not the first time (see previous link on my post) after YEARS that a release has come out, she warns everyone "don't put it, it blocks everything for me"
and the others answer... "take some course you don't know how to use it".
And of course only he has the superconfiguration, woe to show it, it's probably so full of errors that of course it causes everything to freeze...
Stop wasting time with those who don't want to be helped, but really need help...

erlinden
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Mar 14, 2023 8:49 am

@rextended...so sad...

batot
just joined
Topic Author

Tue Mar 14, 2023 3:15 pm

Config in attachment.
IP, many name, port removed or hide or changed.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

erlinden
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Mar 14, 2023 6:11 pm

Need some help, @batot...why did you create three bridges (for which most ports are disabled)? And can you please supply some explanation on how you want your router to act? Is China blocking necessary, or could you use a whitelist mechanism?

/ip upnp
set enabled=yes

Please...don't.

rextended
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Mar 14, 2023 10:49 pm

No one noticed it??? a 911G-5HPnD!!!
Uh... .. 64 MB of RAM, birdge cache for 15 minutes (instead of 5), single core 600MHz...
Level 3 license, is a CPE, not a router... useless services enabled like loop-protect (has only one ethernet...)
Do not have any crypto hardware, CPU used als for l2tp and encrypted pptp and openvpn...
some queues...
disabled hardware accelleration on bridge...
rp-filter=strict on non-edge device...
also a dhcp-relay...
dns server...
firewall address list....
mangle...
nat...
graphing...

Now I understand where the problem is...
You're trying to get blood out of a turnip...

How stupid, and I who made the networks with the core routers, could directly use the CPEs to make the whole network that lets customers navigate....

The problem is that you expect a horse to move everest, I believe the routerboard crashes (because it runs out of CPU and RAM)....

batot
just joined
Topic Author

Tue Mar 14, 2023 11:46 pm

How stupid, and I who made the networks with the core routers, could directly use the CPEs to make the whole network that lets customers navigate....
Could you stop be idiot and stop flame person on forum?
And second I was never never told that is RB is my core router, but if you thinking that it is hmmm better no comment this ;)

batot
just joined
Topic Author

Wed Mar 15, 2023 12:18 am

Need some help, @batot...why did you create three bridges (for which most ports are disabled)? And can you please supply some explanation on how you want your router to act? Is China blocking necessary, or could you use a whitelist mechanism?
When no needs bridge I disable bridge - I told you this RB I using for many testing different configuration like: VPN, IPv6, OpenVPN, bridge, MPLS (in future), etc...
ACT? Isn't WAN router, this is only my private router.

Is China blocking necessary, or could you use a whitelist mechanism?
I'm using whitelist and block list ;)
China is filtered because I can resolve problem with many attack for any port, service etc. All time connection from China only clogged my RB logs.
I've cut all China connections on INPUT and have peace of mind now.
Of course always can DROP all and access from whitelist. But this resolve have big fault when travelling on the word and fast need connect to him.
Your IP no exist in whitelist and you can't connection to him.
I know abut other technic example ping knocking etc but for this moment i don't trust these solutions.

Thanks for hint with upnp - I never enable this option, probably Mikrotik company default enable this option in all RB ;)
You have right it is bad idea enable upnp.

rextended
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Mar 15, 2023 12:33 am

Could you stop be idiot and stop flame person on forum?
Does the truth "burn" with flames?
But don't you understand that you are using a product that has a completely different purpose as if it were a superior router?
It is obvious that the device crashes.
In fact, as I told you, years later you arrive to warn everyone not to use the software,
because you are blocked, because you are not able to use the device correctly.

End of Debug.

batot
just joined
Topic Author

Wed Mar 15, 2023 9:32 am

[...] because you are blocked, because you are not able to use the device correctly.

End of Debug.
And you wont my config for told me this?
Funy...

I use all Mikrotik options in accordance with the license granted, so please don't tell me what I can and cannot do, stop making fun of yourself or show me where I'm breaking the license law, if you accuse me of using the device against the intended use, i.e. against the license!

By the way, if you don't know the basics, I'll tell you. Items that are not allowed to be used under the Level 3 Mikrotik license are simply disabled.

And please be silent because you keep writing about things that have nothing to do with my problem and you accuse me of different things every step of the way.
Since Mikrotik allowed in version 3 to use all the things I have, it means that they are allowed to be used.

It doesn't break your device, it doesn't hack and it doesn't unlock locked features!
I will not be replying to your posts not related to the problem of malfunction of the 6.48.6 software.

holvoetn
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Mar 15, 2023 9:55 am

There is (even if the license allows you) a limit to what you can do in parallel with certain HW.
Just like there are devices one should not use with ROS7 (even if you can install that version, enabling some features may start to crash the device).

Do yourself a favor and check what output /tools/profile gives you when all is running in parallel and watch memory usage as well. If it's close to 100% most of the time for CPU or memory, there is your problem.

Any reason why (besides the label "stable" versus "long term") you are not using 6.49.7 ?
Already tried if that resolves your issues ?

The forum would be swamped with problem reports if this particular release would be as buggy as you claim it is.
My view.

rextended
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Mar 15, 2023 10:32 am

@holvoetn
Don't waste your time too...
Now he even talks that I accuse him of hacking…
Whatever anyone else writes, he don't understand a very simple concept:
It misuses the hardware that can't do all that, it wasn't born to do it (and neither him, I see)...

Now let's see what an idiotic phrase he invents to answer, instead of understanding that the problem is he himself who asks too much.

batot
just joined
Topic Author

Wed Mar 15, 2023 11:19 am

Do yourself a favor and check what output /tools/profile gives you when all is running in parallel and watch memory usage as well. If it's close to 100% most of the time for CPU or memory, there is your problem.
https://ibb.co/K6NYG8J
I don't see any problem with memory and CPU.
Any reason why (besides the label "stable" versus "long term") you are not using 6.49.7 ?
Already tried if that resolves your issues ?
Didn't you read the posts above?
I was problem with 6.48.6 and migrate to version 6.49.7. for this moment working stable. But 6.48.6 have name long stable ;-)

BartoszP
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Mar 15, 2023 11:58 am

Boys ... stay calm :) .. I would start with testing 6.48.6 on another 911 device to check if it's or not a problem of "beeing-tired-long-running-device-with-leaked-capacitors-week-power-supply--or-wrong-grounding-and-no-future-plans-for-next-years-to-be-on-duty-as-I-want-to-retire". :)

holvoetn
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Mar 15, 2023 2:28 pm

https://ibb.co/K6NYG8J
I don't see any problem with memory and CPU.
Because you're posting a measurement using version 6.49.7...
You complain about 6.48.6 but you do not show the tests using that specific version ?
Makes sense, yes :?

And you confirm there is NO problem using that latest version ? Then why do you keep complaining ?
Simply for a label which does not fit your specific expectations ?

@Rex: you're right. Waste of time.

anav
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Some flame around v6.48.6 (split from the "v6.48.6 [long-term] is released!" topic)

Wed Mar 15, 2023 2:45 pm

A reminder that without evidence, aka full config, any OP input is an "opinion at best".
When the OP is hostile or refuses to provide evidence, I move on. There is paid support (consultants) for that level of arrogance/stupidity.

In my work I have provided MT with feedback/issues and they have always been answered, rarely to my satisfaction though LOL. (mainly because I didnt know what I was talking about!)
But I have recently provided Mikrotik with the opportunity to redeem themselves, and this is to understand the value, simplicity and need for..................
ZEROTRUST cloudflare tunnel options package for all MT devices!!