Community discussions

MikroTik App

iptak
just joined
Topic Author

VLANs & IGMP Proxy(?) problem

Thu Mar 16, 2023 1:51 pm

Hi,
I finally got my hands on RB5009, so I've decided to improve my LAN layout a little and now I could use some help...

My setup includes weird IPTV implementation which forced me to isolate the STB <-> ISP IPTV traffic on a separate VLAN100. It worked nicely before I decided to create a "trusted" VLAN10 and now I can't make the STB <-> ISP multicast stream work. I'm pretty sure it's something simple but I just don't see it - I think the main problem is with the eth3-stb interface - it is a port for a local bridge, but at the same time it provides VLAN100 data from the STB which should be routed to the 2nd (IPTV) bridge. Previously the VLAN was created on the interface, but in the latest configuration this approach doesn't work as the client is not getting the IP from DHCP. Currently I can't see any traffic between VLAN100 and the IPTV bridge and can't find the reason.

Interfaces:
ETH1 - WAN (PPPoE), VLAN35 for Internet, VLAN838 and 839 for VOD and IPTV bridged together to make the DHCP Client work (don't ask, I took it from some working configuration)
ETH2, ETH4-6 - access ports for trusted VLAN10
ETH3 - hybrid port, untagged frames -> VLAN10, tagged VLAN100 (coming from a Cisco switch)

Old config - some basic firewall taken from someone's working config
New config - "advanced" firewall rules from Mikrotik tutorial (even with RAW firewall rules disabled it won't work, so the problem is somewhere else)

You may see both config files attached (both working and not).

Please let my know if you see some issues in the VLAN setup.
Thanks,
iptak
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.