Community discussions

MikroTik App

Cizma
just joined
Topic Author

Different SSID's and bands

Sat Mar 18, 2023 12:40 am

Hi everyone,

I have setup with 3 CAP devices and one Mikrotik as CAPsMAN. I have two different SSID's on different VLAN's. One SSID is used for internal use and another for guests. I want to have internal SSID on 2GHz and 5GHz and guest only on 2GHz. I have created two configurations and in configuration of guest selected 2GHz band.

In provisioning, I have selected normal wifi as primary configuration, and guest as slave configuration. When CAPs are provisioned it looks like this:

The problem is that CAPsMAN provision guest also on 5GHz and every device can connect to 5GHz which is not what I want. Can someone help me with this?

Ca6ko

Re: Different SSID's and bands

Sat Mar 18, 2023 10:32 am

In Provision in the action I select "creation enabled", instead of "creating dynamic enabled". Then the interface is created once on connection and it can be edited manually. change all parameters.

erlinden
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sat Mar 18, 2023 10:33 am

Can you please share the configuration:

/caps-man export

That will provide a lot more information (at least, I hope).

Cizma
just joined
Topic Author

Sat Mar 18, 2023 1:36 pm

here is the configuration
/caps-man configuration
add channel.skip-dfs-channels=yes country=croatia datapath.bridge=bridge .vlan-id=1 \
    .vlan-mode=use-tag distance=indoors installation=indoor mode=ap name=WiFi \
    security.authentication-types=wpa2-psk .encryption=aes-ccm ssid="Cizma WiFi"
add channel.band=2ghz-b/g/n .skip-dfs-channels=yes country=croatia datapath.bridge=\
    bridge .vlan-id=2 .vlan-mode=use-tag distance=indoors installation=indoor mode=ap \
    name="Guest WiFi" ssid="Cizma Guest"
/caps-man manager
set enabled=yes
/caps-man provisioning
add action=create-dynamic-enabled master-configuration=WiFi slave-configurations=\
    "Guest WiFi"