Community discussions

MikroTik App

douglas168
just joined
Topic Author

L3 Hardware Offloading with fast-track and NAT

Mon Mar 07, 2022 4:56 am

Hi all,

I have a CRS312-4C+8XG (both OS and firmware are running 7.1.3) acting as a basic NAT router with ether1 port as WAN port and rest of ports as internal LAN. I also configured fast-track on established and related traffic. Internal LAN traffic can NAT out to outside networks successfully.

Yet, when I tried to enable “L3 Hardware Offloading” on switch1 and all switch ports except ether1 (as per https://help.mikrotik.com/docs/display/ ... iceSupport), all NAT traffic to the outside fails. Just for testing, I also enable “L3 Hardware Offloading” on all switch ports but still can’t connect to the outside.

What is the correct way to figure “L3 Hardware Offloading” with fast-track and NAT?

Below is the config file:
MikroTik_L3_HW_Offloading_20220307.txt
Appreciate the help!
Douglas Kuo
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ekarin
Trainer
Trainer

Re: L3 Hardware Offloading with fast-track and NAT

Sun Mar 19, 2023 11:21 am

The current RouterOS v7 now runs L3 HW Offloading for fasttrack connection without problems. You can try the current RouterOS v7. It should be OK.

chechito
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Mar 20, 2023 4:40 pm

i think need to try at least with 7.6 version

rextended
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Mar 20, 2023 4:45 pm

The current RouterOS v7 now runs L3 HW Offloading for fasttrack connection without problems. You can try the current RouterOS v7. It should be OK.
The post is one year old, I do not think the user wait till now for your (useless... I do not read any advice) reply,
L3HW is already available from 7.1
https://help.mikrotik.com/docs/display/ ... 4000Series

That user at that time have L3HW not working as expected because add the ether9 to main bridge, contravventing to the indications...
https://help.mikrotik.com/docs/display/ ... otheswitch
Some devices have two switch chips or the management port directly connected to the CPU.
For example, CRS312-4C+8XG has an ether9 port connected to a separate switch chip.
Trying to add this port to a bridge or involve it in the L3HW setup leads to unexpected results.
Leave the management port for management!

ekarin
Trainer
Trainer

Fri Apr 28, 2023 11:11 am

i think need to try at least with 7.6 version
@chechito
OK. Please us know what the result is.
Last edited by ekarin on Tue May 02, 2023 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rextended
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Apr 28, 2023 11:16 am

@chechito
Yes. I agree at least with 7.6 version.
Is your favorite sport the resurrection?

The user clearly has an error in the configuration and has absolutely nothing to do with the version used.