Community discussions

MikroTik App

OKNET
Topic Author

Zerotier account : My public IP changes

Wed Mar 15, 2023 12:59 pm

I installed Zerotier into v7.8 rOS
This routerboard is connected via GRE-IPSec tunnel to a second 6.49.7 routerboard (both 3011)
On my Zerotier account page, the routerboard "Physical IP" changes continuously between public IP of two routerboards !!

Why is this ?
What's wrong ?
Last edited by OKNET on Sun Mar 19, 2023 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

BartoszP
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Zerotier public IP change !!

Wed Mar 15, 2023 1:16 pm

Change the topic name plese. It's not "Zerotier public IP change" but "change of public IPs of my routers on Zerotier account".

Now it suggest worldwide Zerotier system change.

Larsa
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Zerotier public IP change !!

Wed Mar 15, 2023 4:38 pm

@OKNET, that’s normal. By default, Zerotier will use every conceivable way and available interfaces to hook up to the Zerotier Controller and in this case it found a way out through both routers.

The fastest one is shown in the dashboard. You can check the latency using "Zerotier -> peer" in WinBox, cli "/zerotier/peer/print" or "zerotier-cli peers" on a computer.

Btw, if the intention is for all traffic including ZT to be tunneled, you probably have a leak in your configuration.

OKNET
Topic Author

Re: Zerotier account : My public IP changes

Sun Mar 19, 2023 11:33 am

Larsa, it's my first Zerotier attempt.
However, despite the two distinct tunneled networks have its own gateway, there isn't any route to allow each one to use the other's gateway, unless some fault in configuration is present.
I'll double check and stay tuned for further suggestions...