Community discussions

MikroTik App

Rabid3east
just joined
Topic Author

Mikrotik + Zerotier pkg + can ping each other but ...

Mon Mar 20, 2023 12:51 pm

I have everything setup to where I would think it should be working, can even ping a VM running on the server via the laptop or with winbox etc. So why don't the devices on the network appear when I enter their ip? How can I fix this and also allow the DNS to be routed through the pihole?

Currently have a few devices connected to zerotier: phone, laptop, blueiris, mikrotik. Pi hole works on the local network and is the DNS setting within mikrotik.

From the terminal laptop I can ping the Mikrotik Zerotier IP and the Mikrotik ping (although on same network) and visa versa. From Mikrotik terminal though it's become about 25% success rate pinging my phone's Zerotier using VPN on LTE. When I'm on the phone, I can type the Mikrotik router's IP and the page will load half of it to where I can see the log in form and button but won't actually let me log in. I'm able to type the zerotier IP and it loads up the router login screen. But DNS from the phone doesn't work. I also can't use and services that my local network offers.

Thanks for your help.

Rabid3east
just joined
Topic Author

Re: Mikrotik + Zerotier pkg + can ping each other but ...

Mon Mar 20, 2023 3:21 pm

Since Adding the interface for Zerotier to the bridge, then removing it. I can't ping anything from mikrotik to zerotier. Trying to get it back to at least half way functional as before to no avail.

IP Route
# DST-ADDRESS GATEWAY DISTANCE

DAd 0.0.0.0/0192.168.254.2541

DAc 10.0.0.0/24Docker 0

DAc 192.168.77.0/24 wireguard-Home 0

DAc 192.168.88.0/24 LAN 0

0 s 192.168.88.0/24 wireguard-Home 1

DAc 192.168.254.0/24 ether1[INTERNET] 0

Amm0
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Mikrotik + Zerotier pkg + can ping each other but ...

Wed Apr 26, 2023 8:31 pm

Since Adding the interface for Zerotier to the bridge, then removing it. I can't ping anything from mikrotik to zerotier. Trying to get it back to at least half way functional as before to no avail.
Each mode requires different configuration. If you want to bridge, you want to make "Allow Managed" is DISABLED on the zeroteir1 interface, and the bridging checkmark is set ONLY for the Mikrotik on the my.zerotier.com side.

If you not bridging, then you'd want the Allow Managed ENABLED and bridging is disabled at my.zerotier.com.

In both cases, you'd want to make your the managed routes shown for the ZT network on my.zerotier.com include a route for the Mikrotik LAN subnet to the Mikroitk address*. e.g. use ZT's IP as route dest for non-bridged, and bridge's IP if bridging the ZT interface (since ZT should NOT have an IP address if it's bridged).