Community discussions

MikroTik App

joshhboss
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

CRS3XX and Cisco Links

Wed Mar 22, 2023 11:57 am

I’m going to try and explain this the best i can without a drawing, if I don’t make it clear enough i will be more then happy to add one. Just super early and thought i would take a shot at explaining what is happening..
Switches in the mix
Sw1 - CRS328
Sw2 - Cisco 3750
Sw3 - Cisco 2960

So at my core i have a CRS that will be use to connect all my access layer Cisco Switches.. So i have a link from the CRS Sw1 connecting to Sw2 but in between that I have a P2P Link.. In order to get to the P2P.. i am using a Native vlan or Untagged vlan with the frame types Admit All so that i can get management to the radio. PVID 10-Frame types admit all.. and cisco as “switchport mode trunk, and switchport trunk native vl 10” now that works just fine..

BUT

When i get a direct fiber link from Sw1 to Sw3 (2960) i typically just use the configuration on the Cisco as “switchport mode trunk” with no native vlan declared. And on the CRS i just have Admit only tagged.. but for some reason on the cisco 2960 Sw3.. i see in the logs that there is a native vlan mismatch with Sw2 (even tho the link isn’t actually happening between those two switches)

Now for some reason on the Sw3.. it gives me a native vlan mismatch with the Sw1.. I do not know why when the link i am trying to get to happen is not between that switch.. has anyone else seen anything like this..

Thank you in advance. If i didnt explain anything properly please let me know..

:)

joshhboss
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Re: CRS3XX and Cisco Links

Wed Mar 22, 2023 2:02 pm

I wonder if this is something that this rule would also fix ??

interface ethernet switch rule
add dst-mac-address=01:00:0C:CC:CC:CD/FF:FF:FF:FF:FF:FF new-dst-ports="" ports=ether1 switch=switch

emunt6
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: CRS3XX and Cisco Links

Thu Mar 23, 2023 12:26 am

HI!

Change the following on the Cisco ports:
interface gi1/0/x
switchport mode trunk
switchport trunk nonegotiate
switchport trunk encapsulation dot1q