Community discussions

MikroTik App

Keeran
just joined
Topic Author

configure hap ax3 as AP

Wed Mar 22, 2023 7:15 pm

I have a hap ax3 that i want to configure as an access point. I removed the wan from ethr1 and added ethr1 to bridge. all other interfaces including wifi belongs to this bridge.
here are my questions:
  • How can i create an interfcace vlan 10 and assign the bridge to this vlan 10 so that all interfaces including wlan run on my vlan 10
  • i want to activate jumbo frames on the access point and set the MTU to 9198. i found no option to do this. can anyone help me?
  • can anyone explain the bridge function and why there is a separate vlan tap event though the interface funtion has a vlan tap?
thank you all.

anav
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: configure hap ax3 as AP

Thu Mar 23, 2023 9:33 pm

Look at the example........ - viewtopic.php?t=182276

Amm0
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Mar 23, 2023 11:27 pm

• i want to activate jumbo frames on the access point and set the MTU to 9198. i found no option to do this. can anyone help me?
While can you edit the MTU, it's always 1500. I think it's a bug.

But I've had a bug open on this since 18/Nov/21 10:48 PM
SUP-66409: "v7.1rc6 - MTU issues with wifiwave2 'Wi-Fi 6' on Audience
but no response ever* from Mikrotik, dispute repeated pings on the ticket.

Which is annoying since this stems trying working around the lack of another feature, WDS ("4 address mode") in wifiwave2, by using EoIP (and now VXLAN) tunnels with station mode. But the compressed MTU makes the tunnels less efficient. See viewtopic.php?t=180369&hilit=audience

* in fairness, they normally do respond and say something, but why just ignore this I have no idea.

anav
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Mar 23, 2023 11:31 pm

Hi Ammo, I deal in the management of software bugs and believe me its not hard for them to get buried or stuck.
Suggest resubmit the issue as a new one.............

Amm0
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Mar 23, 2023 11:50 pm

Hi Ammo, I deal in software bugs and believe me its not hard for them to get buried or stuck.
Suggest resubmit the issue as a new one.............
Totally, been on other side of this myself. But I'm pretty sure they know wifiwave2 is missing features for use cases other than @normis's home.

But I'd recommend the OP file a bug, complaining here is easier to ignore, than processing another bug report. ;)

Jumbo frames works on the ethernet, but the minute you add wifiwave2 to a bridge, the bridge MTU uses the LOWEST MTU of any interface. Which be 1500 from the wifiwave2.

I'm not up on the AX specs and it's MTU offerings, but believe max MTU is still 2346 for 802.11. So may not get to 9K MTU with wi-fi.